17

---Atif's POV---

A few weeks later

Today marked the start of the last month of college!

Finally! It felt as if it was forever and I have a feeling this month will go by slow since it's the last one.

I was on the way to meet up with Shayna and once again I was running late. She used be used to this by now.

I pulled out my phone to message her and bumped into someone while doing so.

"Sh*t. I'm sorry," I said.

"It's okay," she said.

"Wait. Enaya right?" I asked.

She nodded

She nodded.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good and you?" She asked.

"Good. Come and sit," I said since we were in the hangout place of the college.

We both sat down and started catching up.

I didn't even know she goes here.

My phone went off and I just ignored it completely forgetting everything. I just thought it was probably one of the guys.

--Shayna's POV --

He's not coming. I'm sure of it now, since he won't even answer my calls or text messages.

I decided to just leave a last text saying I'm going out with the girls and we left.

We decided to take Ariah's car since it was right by the hangout which is near our dorm room.

Ariah and I were busy in our conversation while Nida and Piyal had there own going on.

I noticed something on our way.

"Hey, you guys go ahead. I'm not really in the mood to hang out anymore," I said.

"What? Why?" They asked.

"Just don't feel like it," I said. "Please don't try to force me to hang out.''

"If that's what you want," Ariah said.

I nodded.

"Okay. See you in a few hours," she said and they left.

I quickly left and went within hearing distance of where Atif was and sat at a table there with my back facing them.

I noticed the guys out and waved them over.

"Why're you sitting here?" Hussain asked.

I pointed out exactly why I was here.

"He told us he's meeting with you," Shehry said.

"He was supposed to, but as you can see he had other priorities," I said.

"That's so unlike him," he said.

"I just thought he was probably running late as usual," I said.

"I'll go and see what's going on. You guys find a table closer and hide your face with something," Suraj said.

"Don't need to," both the other guys said.

I just went along with whatever they did.

---Atif's POV ---

We were busy in conversation when Suraj joined us.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"Just catching up with a friend," I said pointing at her.

"Oh. Didn't see you there. I'm Suraj,his friend," he said.

"Enaya. His friend since forever," she said.

"Oh. So you probably know Shayna then right? She's also known him for a long time," he said.

SH*T!!! I completely forgot about her!

They were busy in conversation and I took out my phone and had missed calls and texts from her.

Oh crap! She's going to kill me now!

"Ya. You can meet her," I heard him say while going through the texts.

"That's probably not a good idea right now. Maybe later," I said.

"Why?" They both asked.

"Because I'd rather not die," I said showing them my phone.

I got up to leave and went just a bit from my table, but stopped myself when Shayna came in front of me.

"I can explain," I said.

"Okay, I'm waiting," she said.

"I was coming to meet you and I bumped into an old friend and we started to catch up and we lost track of time and I'm sorry," I said.

"You couldn't answer one call or text to let me know?" She asked.

"I thought it was one of the guys so I just ignored it," I said.

"There's always a name shown," she said.

"Ya, but only the guys blow up my phone that bad. I completely forgot about you," I said.

OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HELL? WHY WOULD I SAY THAT?

"Good to know," she said and left.

See, this is why you are always supposed to think before you talk.