Twenty-Seven // Chief Deputy Hale

Twenty-Seven //

        "I'll see you in the morning. Seven sharp, right?"

        Just outside of her cracked open apartment door, Ellah leaned on the frame as Jordan held her hands. "Sounds early, just like work."

        "That happens when you have a job, El." Jordan halfly smile, "I'll pick you up, then at lunch we'll go get your car from the high school. Good?"

        "Perfect." Ellah went up on her toes, kissing Jordan softly. She pulled away with a smile, "Thank you for coming to check on me. It was very sweet of you."

         "I just wanted to make sure the department's entire forensics staff wasn't deminished," Jordan replied with a grin.

         "Keep sweet talking, deputy," Ellah mockingly retorted before he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers.

         Parrish rested his forehead against hers, keeping his voice quiet. "Are you sure you're okay?"

        "I'm fine, I'm promise." Ellah's hands remained on his shoulders, absently toying with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Tommy and I are going to talk more and everything's going to be okay. I'll see you in the morning."

         "I'll bring coffee," he promised, kissing her one last time before letting go of her. "Sleep tight."

         Ellah smiled, starting to back into her door. "You too. Let me know when you get home." She waited until Jordan got into the elevator, going back into the flat once the doors of the lift shut.

         At the kitchen counter, Tommy was making gagging noises into his mug.

         Ellah rolled her eyes, shutting the front door behind her. "Grow up, Tom."

         "I grew up enough," Tommy claimed. "Did you know I can drive a car here? I even have a license. Brett let me use his car for my road test a couple weeks back."

         "Oh yeah?" Ellah looked impressed, lightly nodding. "Very nice, little brother." She motioned towards the living room, "Come sit with me, let's talk."

         "First, Julius," Tommy said as he brought Ellah's mug into the living room. He whistled over his shoulder before sitting, waiting until the black figure trotted in. "I imagine you've noticed his peculiarity."

        Julius hopped up on the low coffee table, sitting on his back legs as he faced the siblings.

        "Peculiarity as in he seems to understand me?" Ellah questioned after sipping her tea.

        "Oh, no he definitely understands you," said Tommy, "as well as everything else in the world. Right, J?"

         Ellah changed her attention to the black cat cautiously, Julius very lightly nodding. "Holy-"

        "I can explain, but it's going to sound odd."

        "Odd?" Ellah retorted with a question. "More so than my cat just agreeing with you?"

        Tommy hesitated, "Quite possibly, yes." He set down his mug, angling towards his sister. "So, Julius found me about a month into my stay with Satomi's pack - I think around the time the kanima first showed up. Followed me around for a couple days and then Satomi finally figured it out. She's incredible, she's almost 200. You'll have to meet her some time."

        "Tom, focus," Ellah softly reminded.

        Tommy collected his thoughts, "Not only did Julius have an aura around him, but Satomi had our pack member Reed shift into his physical wolf form to communicate with him."