Twenty-Nine // C://KEYWORD: DEREK

Twenty-Nine //

        Meredith Walker let out a blood curdling scream, deep and violent in banshee nature.

         In 417, Lydia and Jordan winced back against the quake. The door busted open not a moment later, Stiles skidding over to the blank faced Lydia.

         Meredith was shaking, pulling her knees to her chest as her eyes were panic stricken.

          "Is she okay?" Jordan questioned as he crouched next to the bed, Stiles evaluating a stream of blood leaking from her ear.

         "I'm fine," whispered Lydia as she blinked hazily.

          Jordan's eyebrows furrowed, "Where's Ellah?"

           "I-" Stiles glanced to Parrish, still concerned about Lydia's wellbeing, "I thought she was behind me. She, uh, she's to the left and follow the hall." He shifted Lydia, arms still around her. "Hey," he softly said, "look at me."

          "Get her out of here, wait in the lobby for me," Jordan told Stiles as he backed out of 417. He followed Stilinski's directions, slowing as he saw Ellah standing in front of a door with an alarming expression. "El?"

          Ellah didn't acknowledge her boyfriend, raising a hand to the glass port and pressing it to the window.

          Jordan's eyes narrowed, carefully walking closer to the brunette. "Ellah?" Only focused on her, he saw tears brimming in her eyes. "El," he softly said as he reached out to her arm.

           Pulled from her focus, Ellah looked to Jordan with startled eyes. "I- it's her."

          "Who?" Jordan asked, wiping the tears from her cheeks. He looked from Ellah to the window, it empy. "El, no one's there."

          In a state much like Lydia, Ellah's eyes returned to the glass. "She was there. She was just there."

           "Who was there?"

           Ellah slipped out of his grip, going up on her toes to look through the window. "Mary. She was there."

           Concern skidded across Jordan's face, looking into an empty room with a perfectly made bed. "Ellah," he quietly said as he put a hand on her side and pulled her towards him.

           "No, she-"

          Jordan made Ellah look at him, "Breathe, Ellah."

           Ellah let him pull her into a hug, eyes wide as she rested her head against his shoulder.

          However, crouching behind the locked door, a 22 year old with Carson eyes breathed heavily with an expression mirroring Ellah's.

//

         Stiles paced his room, still jittery from the trip to Eichen as Lydia sat in front of her laptop with the final piece of the deadpool.

          The final, unsolved piece.

         "Okay," said Stiles pensively, "well we know one thing. Both of the first two keys, Allison and Aiden, they're both names of the dead, right?"

           Lydia had been building up frustration, upset with herself. "But we've already tried every other dead person's name we could think of. And if you haven't noticed, there were a lot of tries."

           "Yeah, I noticed," Stiles irritably said. "And Winnie didn't work? Did you try Winowna?"

         Lydia tried the artist's full name, only to be denied. She shook her head, running out of options and sanity. With concentrated eyes, the gears in her mind were going a mile a minute.