Chapter 8

When i awake in the morning i know that i have to do all of the jobs i was meant to do yesterday. Grabbing a pair of jeans, a printed tee and some under garments i quickly dress and shove my hair into a pony tail. Folding the shirt i place it on the end of the bed. Throwing all of the dirty clothes i can find into my washing basket i leave my room shutting the door behind me quietly. Looking at my watch i see that it is only 8 am and that i only got a few more hours of sleep after i awoke.

I enter all of the rooms and grab the laundry baskets. I enter Bills room and see that he is gone. Well not left because i can see his suitcase lying under the bed, i mean gone as in he isnt in the room. Shaking the thoughts out of my head i touch the necklace around my neck.

Kissing it i tuck it back into my shirt and lug all of the laundry downstairs and to the basement. Leaving all of the laundry at the door i go upstairs to the kitchen. I grab a bowl of cheerios, top it with some fresh strawberries and sit down at the table. Just as i pull the chair out i feel a pair of warm arms around my waist. I slap them away and turn expecting to see Will when im greeted by the lovely face of Grace. Shes bent over laughing and i just crack a smile on my face then sit in my chair.

After ive finished breakfast i make my way down to the laundry room. On my way i see a very cute Will walking down the stairs. His bed hair is just so funny. Chuckling to myself i walk into the laundry and pick up the laundry bag i placed down here earlier.

Loading the machine and turn it on i place the bag on the hooks next to the machine. Turning around i almost scream at the sight infront of me. Here is Bill with bruises all over his face. Then it hit me. He was the guy from the party yesterday. I almost scream again but stop when i realise hes doing cocaine lines. As quietly as i can i sneak over to the door and throw it open then bolt up the stairs.

I reach the top of the stairs and collide with Will. He gives me a look and i hug him. He hugs me back but i know that hes wary.

"what happened? Why did you run out of there like youd seen a dead body?"

"please tell me what i just saw wasnt real ... Please please please ..." i trail off and he oulls away and looks me in the face. I know he is trying to understand what im saying so i delve further.

"your cousin ... Bill ... Is down there ... Snorting cocaine lines!" i bury my head back into his chest and he holds me while i regain my composure.

Then when i have he takes my hand and leads my up the other side of the staircase and towards his fathers study. When we get there he grabs my shoulders and looks me straight in the eyes.

"be strong and just tell him what happened!" with that he gives me a hug and kisses my forehead. He then takes my hand in his and knocks on the study door.

Mr. McIntyne is surprised to see us and his eyes trail down to our hands. I slink back and take my hand out of Wills when he grabs it back and gives it a firm squeeze. I walk forward and slip into the seat infront of Mr. McIntynes desk. He waves his hand and i start talking.

By the time im finished he looks deep in thought and deeply concerned about Bill. He nods and thanks me for telling him. We leave the room and Will embraces me into a hug. "i knew you could do it" he whispers into my hair. I cant help but beam into his shirt. We head back downstairs and i go to the kitchen with Will trailing behind me. He sits at the breakfast bar while i go into the kitchen and do the dishes. I pass Paolo and give him my warmest smile. Finishing up the dishes in the kitchen i go and grab Wills breakfast dishes. When im finished the dishes i go and get the washing and hang it out. By this time Bill is long gone.

By the time ive finished all of my chores i look at the clock and see that its 4:30 pm. Smiling at myself i go upstairs and shower. Changing into a sundress that belonged to my mother i walk downstairs and enter the rose garden. I sit on the bench and think about my family for a while, i also notice that i havent seen Will since i left him at the breakfast bar this morning. I stand and place my phone on the bench under the the pergola in the centre of the garden. Blasting a mix of Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran i start dancing around the garden. About half way through the fourth song i start to ballrom dance on my own. Closing my eyes i let the music move me and i feel all of the worry and tenseness drain away.