Chapter 9

I must have fallen asleep on the drive because i awake to Meghan poking me in the arm. I look over at her and smile. The sun hitting her vibrant red hair makes me happy .... And a little blind.

"duuuuuuuuuuuuuude" she exclaims " we're here and you fell asleep!!!!!" she punches me then for falling asleep and chuckles to herself.

10 minutes later we pull up out the front and she grabs two duffel bags, a laptop bag and her handbag out of the car. Locking the car she crosses the road with me following behind her. We enter the building and i suddenly realise where she brought me.

She starts calling out for a woman named Martha. I shut the door and before i get any warning about 20 different kids, boys and girls run towards me and start throwing marbles at me. I let out a surprised shriek then they realise they've run out of marbles. They all run towards me and jump onto m front making me look like a sort of children tree. I fall back on the floor. Hearing someone laugh i look up and see an elder looking woman, who i assume is Martha, laughing her head off and i see Meghan trying to keep her cool but failing miserably.

I lay still and hold my breath. The kids must think ive stopped breathing because they all jump off of me. Taking this opportunity to live i jump up and brush myself off. I look over at Meghan and see her giving me a smile. a little boy runs up to her and launches himself at her. She catches him and hugs him tightly. She walks over to the couch and sits the young boy on her lap.

He looked around five and the happiness and love in her eyes aswell as his surprised me. But then again if you live in an orphanage you learn to love. But i have a feeling she loves this little boy the most.

+ Meghan's P.O.V +

i look over at Will and see him watching me. I give him a smile and motion towards the bags i brought in from my new car. He nods and picks all four up and sets them next to me on the couch. I whisper in Marcus's ear for him to cover them. When he does i give the loudest wolf whistle ever. Will glares at me while i just sit there and wait for the stampede to come back downstairs. Less than 5 minutes and they are sitting in front of me on the rug in a circle. I open the duffel bags and hand out the presents.

A year ago when i got here Martha told me that she doesnt give us kids chocolate for easter. She gives us little presents. So because i missed celebrating easter with them i bought them all presents and here i am handing them out. I had one bag for girls and one for boys. No names where on them as i knew i would hand them out and they would just swap with one another if they didn't want the one they got. Who cares if we celebrate easter on May 18 this year. As long as we are all together and with each other and know what easter is all about we are fine.

Will looks sad when he doesnt get a present but i just wink at him and he smiles. As im handing Marcus his present (as i always buy him his own present and label it) i feel my hair band being taken out of my hair and i see the smirk on Wills face when i turn around and he flings it in my face. Ignoring him with a small chuckle i turn back to Marcus and see him smiling at his present. I bought him a mens silver chain necklace aswell as the latest dinosaur toy. He looks at me and throws his arms around me. I hug him back and then place the necklace around his neck.

Then all of a sudden he grabs my hand and pulls me to the formal lounge room. We stop outside the closed doors and i see all of the other kids run through the other door into the room. I give Marcus a look and he just shrugs. Then i feel something go over my eyes and realise im being blind folded. I hear Will whisper something about he has no idea why i need a blind fold but i jus ignore him, well i do after i slap him.

I feel a tiny hand grab mine and i know that its Marcus. I hear the sliding doors open and Marcus guides me. He pulls me into the corner of something and i wince, while i hear 26 kids giggling. Marcus apologises and i reach out and ruffle his hair. He stops and so do then he tugs on my arm. I bend down and he whispers "you have to get to the chair" puzzled i whisper back an ok and feel a pair of arms around my waist. They pick me up and place me on the chair. I then hear Marcus squeal in delight when the hands undo the blind fold.