Chapter 10

# Wills P.O.V #

We finally arrive back at the orphanage and Meghan lets go of our hands and lets us catch our breath. Its only then that I realise she has a bunch of papers stuffed in her back pocket. Ignoring it I watch as she and Marcus walk back inside the house and I take this moment to look around the street. There is a fancy little cafe across the street. Not much business as its on a very deserted side street. There is a post office up the road and houses lining every inch of the street that has remained visible. Beautiful Jacaranda tress line the sidewalk and little purple flowers are resting on the street and atop cars. I turn around and enter the orphanage.

By the time I next glance at a clock its 7:45pm and all of the kids have finished dinner and are slowly climbing the stairs and getting ready for bed. I look over at Meghan and I can see she wants to talk to me so I motion for her to follow me.

"i want to stay the night, with Marcus and everyone ... I know you have school tomorrow but I want to stay as I don't. They are my family and ive had 4 months away from them." I look into her pleading eyes and smile. "Alright we will stay!" a smile spreads across her face and I laugh as she hugs me. Burying her head into my shirt I wrap my arms around her like a cocoon and hold her there. I feel a set of arms wrap around my leg and I look down to see Marcus hugging mine and Meghan's legs. I reach down and ruffle his hair and he looks up at me with one of the biggest, cheesiest smiles ive ever seen from this kid. I smile back at him and I think to myself im not ever letting Meghan go.

+ Meghan's P.O.V +

I lift my head away from Wills chest and look down I smile as I see Marcus hugging our legs. I swoop down and pick him up. He looks at me and smiles sleepily. I whisper in his ear and he nods eagerly. Setting him down on the floor he bolts up the stairs. I stand and turn around to face a confused Will.

"what is he so excited about?" he asks and I just chuckle to myself and walk up the stairs.

I reach my room and smile. Will walks in behind me and sees Marcus already asleep on my bed hugging the snuffleupagus toy I gave him for his birthday last year. I shut the door behind me and undo the clasp on the back of the door. Letting the drapes fall I stretchand pull them until I get them over the hooks on the four corners. These corners are obviously the door, the bed post, under the window sill and the corner of my book case.I set up all of the quilts stored under my bed and grab all of the pillows off of my bed. I produce three makeshift beds and I pick Marcus up settling him into one of the beds.

I go into my bathroom and change into my pyjamas. I brush my teeth and hair then place my hair into a loose plait. I fold up my clothes and find the paper work in my back pocket just where I had left it. Leaving the bathroom I place my clothes in the overnight bag I packed this morning and I throw Will a pair of his pyjamas I had thrown into it. He smiles at me and I think he realises I was planning to stay whether he did or not. Chuckling to himself he walks into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him. Placing the paper work into my laptop bag I crawl into my makeshift bed and hug Marcus. Will comes out minutes later and I don't even register him closing the bathroom door. Im so tired. Im almost asleep when he whispers goodnight Blossom and after that the night goes black.

The next day I wake and only see Marcus curled up into my chest clutching snuffleupagus for dear life. Will is nowhere to be seen. Then I hear laughter from downstairs and realise that Will is up and helping Martha with the other kids. I riggle my arm out from underneath Marcus and see that it 8:15. I lightly shake Marcus and he curls into my chest even more. But I keep shaking him lightly and eventually he wakes up.

"Cmon little buddy kindy starts in an hour and Will and I are going to drop you off." when he hears this he immediately jumps up and runs across the hall into his room. I laugh and slowly get out of bed. Shutting the door I pick out a green sweater that reads "life is better when you know a Marcus", a pair of clean jeans and some clean under garments. I shut the bathroom door behind me and step into the shower. I sing aloud some random songs that pop into my head while I wash my hair and body with mint and strawberry scented products. Stepping out of the shower I dry myself and my hair then get dressed. I grab my blow drier out from under the sink and dry my hair until its the vibrant red I know and love. Walking into the bedroom I place on the pair of gladiator sandals I packed yesterday and tie my hair up into a pony tail. Feeling like a change today I pull the necklace out from under my sweater. I walk over to my book case and find the book titled WUTHERING HEIGHTS. Pulling it out of the row I open it and take out the three rings laying in the book. Placing them on my fingers I smile and gaze at them. One with diamonds, one with little rubies placed into the band and another just plain gold.