Chapter 12

+ Meghans P.O.V +

Several days of work, school papers, sleep and driving the rest of the hours of my logbook pass and I don't see Will because he has some sort of resit for a paper he failed. Im in the middle of vacuuming when my phone starts blasting New Romantics by Taylor Swift. Bobbing along to the song I pull my phone out of my pocket and accept the call.

"Hello Meghan the great speaking" I chuckle at my own punch line and listen to whoever is on the other end of the phone. Its Will and he sounds scared. I immediately turn the vacuum off and run up to my room. I ask Will which hospital and sprint downstairs with my keys in my hand.

I arrive at St. Marks hospital and check my phone for a text telling me what room he is in. I look at my phone and see the room number. Asking the nearest nurse for directions I follow them and find myself standing on the fifth floor in front of his door. I catch my breath and then open the door.

Tears flood my eyes as I take in his appearance. His eyes is a deep purple from the bruise that is forming. His jaw looks like it has been set back into place because that too is covered in deep purple and dark blue bruising. His right wrist is in a cast and one of his ankles has a cast on it too. Im sure there are more injuries and it makes me sick thinking that someone did this to him. Trying and failing to cover my sobs I cross over and sit beside Wills bed. Hes asleep now and I feel like I could kill someone right about now.

I sit down on the chair beside the bed and hold his hand. Tears are streaming down my face and I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Grace. She picks up and I blubber so much that my phone slips out of my hand and drops to the floor. I bend to pick it up and end up ending the call. So instead of calling her again I send her a text explaining and with the room number and hospital.

Grace storms into the room, tears streaming down her face and walks over to me. I stand up and wrap my arms around her as she lets the sadness overcome her and shes crumples onto the floor. I sink down to the floor with her and hold her while she cries. I've cried so much since I got here that I don't feel any tears sliding down my cheeks. She cries for a solid 10 minutes and then she rises from the floor and leaves the room with phone in hand. I turn around and see that Will is awake and I leap over to the bed. I lean down and give him a gentle hug.

His face looks stricken and upset as if he just got yelled at for patting a puppy. We sit there together for what seems like an eternity before the nurse comes into the room and tells me that visiting hours are over. I thank her and say I will be out very quickly. Nodding she leaves the room. I look over to see that Will has fallen asleep so I kiss his cheek and leave the room.

A week passes before the doctors let him come home. Everybody fawns over him and Will has to put up with it although he isnt very happy about it. Everytime I talk to him he can never meet my eyes and he is starting to become distant. A few days pass and if anything it feels like this situation is getting worse not becoming any better. Confronting him about it he starts to shake as he tells me about the man that confronted him, the man that attacked him. Before I know it a tear falls down my cheek and another followed by another.

I knew I shouldnt have let anyone this close to me. They will always track me and do whatever they want to whoever they want as long as they know who I am and where I am. I walk over to him and pull him into what would have been a bone crushing hug if I had the strength to do that.

"im sorry that my past has come back and dragged you into it. I cant let you get in any deeper than they have already dragged you. I still love you remember that but I have to stop this right now and go. Ill be back when everything is done." with that I kiss his cheek and run to my room.

I pack all of my belongings and put them in my car. Writing a letter to Mr. McIntyne explaining my situation as informally as I can I seal it and place it on the hall table. Making sure I have everything so I can take it to the storage unit I wipe the stray tear off of my cheek, slide into my car and drive away not once looking behind me.

END OF BOOK ...

d(a�����{