Twelve

Alessio

"You're being irrational."

"I am not!" She protested raising her voice, when I turned back around to face her with a frown I noted her cheeks were slightly tinged pink and her arms crossed over her chest.

Great.

Rather than answer her I rubbed the towel back and forth through my hair and turned back to the mirror. I had showered and Katherine, apparently, had stewed.

"You called me Kate." She pouted and at this I stopped. I caught her eye in the mirror and raised an eyebrow. I did no such thing. "When you introduced us. You said Kate, Aria, Aria, Kate. You called me Kate Alessio."

"You are really going to lose your marbles over my introducing you by the name you prefer to go by?" I replied dully and she appeared to deflate a little.

"You always call me Katherine. And you didn't introduce me as your fiancé either. Just Kate. Like gum under your shoe Kate."

"You're hungry. You shouldn't have skipped lunch."

"If you tell me I get irrational when I'm hungry I will hit you over the head with a lamp." She warned sounding completely serious.

"I have faster reflexes than you, it's not likely you would succeed."

"Then I'll smother you in your sleep!"

"All I'm saying is you might be a little less disagreeable had you had something to eat. I can make a trip down to the kitchen and get you-"

"All I'm saying is that if someone had jumped me like that you would have curb stomped them."

"What a barbaric accusation."

"Fine, then you would have shot them in the face or something."

True. "I like to believe I have a little more self-restraint than that Katherine, really now."

"I should have broken the bitches legs...see her wrap them around anything after that..." She grumbled to herself her eyes turning towards the ground.

I tried to pull her back to me, speaking her name only, something that usually bought me her attention at the very least but she seemed uninterested.

"Been awhile since I cooked with Gia." She mimicked in a poor Ari impression. "Like I can't cook or something!"

"You can't cook." I reminded to her and she looked up abruptly. Her expression told me she had probably done something undeniably stupid.

"I can cook." She stared at me for a moment and then repeated herself more passionately. "I can cook!"

"What did you do?"

"Well, I'm making dinner tonight."

"You can't cook."

"I jumped the gun a little! I didn't want her to cook so...I volunteered."

"Katherine, you can't cook." I said slightly more firm as she didn't seem to be grasping this. After a few moments I shook my head. "We'll order in, it'll be fine, I'll take care of it."

"No. I'm making dinner." She insisted. "I'm not incapable Alessio. Why is it that Ari is allowed to make dinner with your mother but you can't trust me to make dinner myself?"

We would definitely be ordering in tonight, but I let the subject hang for now. "Stop worrying about her."

"Worried? Oh what's there to worry about? I mean she's just gorgeous and bubbly and did you see her pores? Oh, of course you did she was literally on top of you, so small!"