6: The Break Up

~ Makoto's P.O.V ~

It's been a week ever since Kyouko and I got the parenthood project in Health and in that whole time frame Mukuro's probably talked to me twice out of school and we barely talk in school, probably once or twice a day.

Kyouko's taking care of the baby, Mikaela, this weekend. We made a schedule for when we have to 'take care' of Mikaela. I had the first week, Kyouko has the second, I have the third, Kyouko has the fourth, I have the fifth, and we both share the sixth because it's the last week of the project.

Mukuro and I used to talk nearly every other class and for hours after school and we would cancel plans with other people on the weekends so we could just be in the presence of each other but that was before Byakuya cheated and before the parenthood project.

We've obviously been drifting apart over the past few months, more noticeably in the past few weeks, and we need to end whatever's left of what used to be, in my biased opinion, what seemed to be a perfect relationship before it gets in the way of our schoolwork and our scattered and few relationships with other people. I just hope Mukuro understands why I have to end it and won't hate my guts for the rest of our lives. She probably will hate me.

The only person I can see myself being happy with is obviously not Mukuro anymore..its Kyouko but she's my friggin' best friend and we'll never be more then just best friends, end of story. She'll probably find a rich lawyer, actor, or fellow detective to settle down with and I'll just be the 'child-hood best friend' for the rest of our lives, unless I do something.

She'll probably be back with Byakuya by the end of the week because that's how their messed up and 100% wrong relationship works and it will kill Kyouko when it's finally gonna be over but, for her sanity, hopefully the end of that will be sooner then later.

I slowly and agonizingly write Mukuro a long ass text that's just a break up text. Asshole move to break up with her over text but that's the only way we talk anymore.

To: Mukuro 💘💘
Hey, I'm sorry that we haven't talked in awhile and this relationship is just putting a strain on the rest of our lives. I'm sorry but we're done. Permanently
Sent: 2:30pm

After sending text I sigh and drop my phone back onto my unmade bed. I should actually clean my bedroom today because I haven't in nearly two weeks, I think. Yeah, two weeks of a messy room and I'm surprised that I haven't flipped out on myself yet.

Usually I'll flip out if my room is dirty for longer then a day and a half but I guess with everything going on I didn't notice the filth until now, luckily or it would've stayed dirty for probably a month or so.

I grab my ear-buds and pop them in and plug them into my phone and play my most recently played thing on Spotify. It's my studying playlist and Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas starts to play. It's a damn good song. I start to clean my room.

After spending nearly an hour and a half cleaning my entire room top-to-bottom, I leave my bedroom and enter the bathroom. I strip down to my birthday suit and step into the shower. I usually think half the time I'm in the shower, extremely girly I know.

All I can think of is Kyouko and the intense feeling I get when I'm around here. Butterflies and all and it's been this way since eighth grade, were Juniors in high school now.

I need to tell her about my evolving feelings soon or I know I'm gonna do something we'll both regret.

Or I could slowly and not noticeably talk to her less so I won't have to grow a pair and tell her. And I will not tell her over text or online messaging because she could think that I was pranking her or someone hacked me or something like that.

I turn the shower off when I realized that the water was cold. I dry off and change into a black tee-shirt and black sweatpants that have white stripes on the sides.

Komaru, Mom, and Dad are all out at Komaru's friends house for a party for a cause that I didn't care enough about to ask.

The door bell rings as soon as I finish changing and I rush downstairs, not knowing who's on the other side of the door.

I open it and a disheveled looking Kyouko is standing there, panting as t she had ran all the way here.

I silently usher her inside and close the door after she walks inside.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Mukuro texted me and told me you broke up with her and I called you nearly twenty freaking times and we both thought you were gonna end everything and...."Kyouko trailed off, having to catch her breath from talking to quickly.

"I just got out of the shower and why would you think that I would kill myself?" I asked.

Mukuro must've said that I've been suicidal lately or some fake shit like that to make Kyouko run all the way here.

"Mukuro said that you started cutting a few days ago, give me your arms" Kyouko ordered.

I groaned but did what she said even though I'm pissed that my best friend would think that I'm cutting myself. Damn it! She might be able to see my scars from a few years ago.

When I realized that I was in love with Kyouko I wanted to remove those feelings, in any way possible.

She turns my arms over and she sucks in a breath. There's a cutting scar smack dab in the middle of my fore-arm. God freaking dammit.

"W-when did this happen?" Kyouko groped for the words.

"A few years ago and I fell and scraped my arm up" I tried to lie my way out of explaining.

"Uh-huh, okay" Kyouko said, not believing my lie one freaking bit.

She lets go of my arms and I cross them in front of my chest.

"Why?" Kyouko asked.

"I already told you, Kyo" I said, using my child-hood nickname for her.

Saying that earned me a glare from Kyouko. Figures, she hated the nickname when we were kids so she probably still hates it.

"You're lying to me, Makoto" Kyouko whispered. A tear slips down her cheek and she looks at the floor, not wanting me to see her crying.

I walk over to her and pull her into a hug and she slowly but surely hugs me back. 

"Why are you lying to me?" She asks softly against my now damp from tears shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~
Hey Guys!! Thanks for waiting as long as you have for this update, Sorry

I hope you all enjoy this kinda long chapter and I hope to be updating as soon as possible.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow me for more shitty ass fan fictions that you people weirdly enjoy!

See You In The Next Chapter, My AmazeBalls!

Later, Ho Nuggets