14: The Announcement

~ Kyouko's P.O.V ~

We finished moving and unpacking in the apartment three and a half months ago. The apartment is amazing and perfect for Makoto and I right now.

"Kyouko, I'm going to the store!" Makoto yells up to me from downstairs.

"Okay, remember to get milk!" I yell back to him, vaguely smiling to myself.

"Okay!" Makoto yells up to me.

I hear the front door open and close, marking Makoto's exit. I keep smiling and pace around Makoto and I's bedroom.

I applied for a job down at the Police Station a few days ago and haven't heard back and it's making me extremely worried. I'm surprised they didn't let me in immediately because of my history helping down there.

Makoto is working at the Local News Station as a back stage hand or something along those lines.

My phone starts to go off so I rush to answer it. It's Dad.

"Hey Dad" I said.

"Hey, kiddo. What's up?"

"Nothing, why did you call?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you and Makoto want to come over for dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, whatcha making?" I asked, half-joking half-being serious.

"I was planning on ordering pizza, is that good enough?"

"Yeah. Pizza sounds great" I said.

"Cool, I'll be expecting you two by six?"

"Sure, we'll be there by 5:45ish" I said.

"Okay. Would it be okay if I invited Madoka?"

"Go ahead, why do you ask?" I asked, puzzled.

If Dad was going to invite Madoka he wouldn't ask me for 'permission'.

"No reason, just wanted to make sure you were cool with it"

"I'm perfectly fine with it, Dad" I said.

"Okay, I'll see you at 5:45ish. Bye, love you"

He hangs up before I could say bye or love you. That's what Dad does whenever he's on the phone with anyone. It must piss Madoka off, if he does that to her. He probably doesn't, not wanting to piss her off.

I quickly type a text to Makoto about going to Dad's for dinner tonight.

To: 💞 Makoto 💞

Hey, Dad asked if we want to come over for dinner tonight? He's ordering pizza and I kinda already told him we would go.

Sent: 2:45pm

I turn my phone off and put it back on the bedside table that Makoto's parents gave us when we moved in.

I leave the bedroom and walk downstairs and into the living room. I sit down on the love seat that Makoto's parents also gave us when we moved in.

I turn the TV on, which I bought when we moved in. I flip through channels until I stumble upon The Walking Dead season six reruns and I decide to watch that.

Sometime during the first half of The Walking Dead season six Makoto gets home. He didn't forget to get milk, good on him.

"Did you not check your phone since you texted me?" Makoto asked, putting food away in the right places.

"No, sorry" I apologize.