8: Telling?

~ Makoto's P.O.V ~

Kyouko and I have been dating for nearly three weeks now. But we still haven't told anyone yet.

We were planning on telling everyone last week but we both chickened out. Junko and Byakuya are suspecting things and everyone else is following in their footsteps.

The only person who doesn't give a damn is Mukuro because she probably thinks that I left her for Kyouko. Which I kinda did and that a makes me an asshole I know but things weren't working anyways so I wasn't ending something that had relationship potential.

"Makoto! Dinner's ready!" Komaru yells from downstairs.

I sigh and close the lid of my laptop before leaving my bedroom and walking downstairs.

I walk into the dining room and sit down at my seat which is across from Komaru.

Mom and Dad sit at the heads of the table while Komaru and I sit in the middle on both sides of the table.

Tonight we're having BBQ Chicken with carrots and peas. Yum, even though peas aren't that good.

"How was school today, Makoto?" Mom asks.

"It was fine" I said in between bites.

"And you, Komaru?" She asks Komaru the same question.

"It was good" Komaru said.

"Good good" Mom said.

After Mom finished speaking the dining room lapsed into a peaceful silence like it usually does at dinner time.

We all eat in silence and when everyone is done eating it's my turn to do the dishes. When I'm halfway done doing the dishes there's a knock at try door.

"I'll get it!" Mom called as she rushed over to the door.

She opens the door.

"Hi, Mrs Naegi. Is Makoto home?" I could hear Kyouko ask.

I finish up with the dishes and walk into the main room. I smile at Kyouko over Mom's shoulder and she barely acknowledged me.

"Yes, come on in" Mom said.

Kyouko walked inside and Mom closed the door behind her. Mom, Dad, and Komaru don't know that Kyouko and I are dating and we were planning on telling them first along with Kyouko's Dad.

Mom, Dad, and Komaru know that Mukuro and I broke up and they also know that Byakuya and Kyouko broke up and that Byakuya cheated. It didn't surprise Komaru because apparently he'd been sleeping around at her school like he had been at Hopes Peak.

"Hey, Makoto" Kyouko acknowledges me finally.

"Hey" I said.

We look at each other longer then needed so now Mom obviously knows somethings up.

"Are you two....dating?" Komaru asks.

Kyouko and I look at my younger sister whose standing at the bottom of the stairs, her messenger bag slung across her shoulder.

She's going to her friends house for the weekend for some 'project' that is due on Monday. It's Friday, for reference.

"Yeah, we are" Kyouko says bluntly.

Komaru smiles and Mom hugs Kyouko and I while Dad is sitting on the couch reading a murder mystery novel. When Kyouko said that we were dating he barely glanced up.

That's how Dad is when he's reading. It annoys the crap out of Mom though.

"Since when?" Mom asks.