Prologue

(I've decided not to make a Voltron Book series, just Voltron books)

~Jinx~

Alteans would look at me and automatically think I'm a monster.

It's funny too, because I'm the person who never judges a book by their cover.

I was born blind, it was difficult because I couldn't see where I was going, I couldn't see what I was eating, I couldn't see anything period, atleast not without my parents.

My mother, Iris, was the kindest Altean anyone could meet, a heart of gold, a woman of pride, kind, loving, even though I couldn't see her, I knew she was beautiful, inside and out.

My father, however, was not a kind person, which is the reason my mother left him, his identity remains unknown to me and our closest relatives, atleast when they were alive.

All I know is that my father was the original Paladin to the Black Lion.

Yet, I still don't know who that was!

I was friends with Princess Allura, even though I was blind, she didn't care and we always hung out with eachother.

Until, the war started.

The Galra, under Lord Zarkons rule, attacked us and wanted Voltron, they wanted Voltron because they know it's a weapon that can destroy them.

I was captured because of how skilled I was, I may have been blind, but somehow I managed to not see with my eyes, but with my feet.

It's not as weird as sounds, trust me.

Whenever I walk, run or sprint, it's like a layout of what's in front of me appears in my mind, that's what made me so special.

They placed me in Cryo, which is ice that doesn't make me age at all, they kept me there for 10,000 years, and finally, they let me out with rage in my mind and hurt in my heart.

"Your mother is alive, kept in Cryo, but as long as you obey my orders and once you've completed your tasks m, you may see her again" Lord Zarkon promised and I obeyed him.

Becoming a weapon of mass destruction, they gave me a weapon, long nails connected by a long chain that I've learned to use, it's easy to carry around.

I've been killing for years, innocent people of the planets we raid and destroy, what's most surprising is that I've become Lord Zarkons' second hand, second in command.

"Yes, my lord?" I asked as I approached him, my footsteps so silent that no one heard me enter the room.

"Voltron has been formed by human Paladins, you know what to do? Oh, and one more thing," He chuckled before turning to me and I looked up at him.

"Princess Allura is alive, so is her Royal Adviser, Coran, kill them too."

My heart stopped and I gulped, but I simply gave a nod and bowed before running out of the room and into one of the escape pods.

Allura. . .alive. . .Coran....alive. . .

They must've been put in the Cryo by King Alfor.

But that doesn't matter to me anymore, they don't matter to me. . .

Wait, what if I. . .don't obey his command?

No, he's got mother-ugh!

Mother, or my best friend?!

Mother can. . .he won't kill her, I know he won't because he needs me. . .he said it hjmself.

But, for the sake of everything, my mother.

I must kill Princess Allura, the Paladins, and Coran.

"Let's do this."