Chapter Three; Oya Oya Oya?

Chapter Three

"Woaaaah!" Kashiya exclaimed with wide eyes as she looked around the area. After having happily accepted the offer to be the assistant coach of the crows, Takeda-sensei had revealed that they would go to Tokyo for a week, joining a training camp with the Fukurodani group.

Thanks to Nekomata, they had been able to get in to the week long training. Here they could form a better bond with Kashiya as well as get better. Kashiya wandered around the place, when she suddenly bumped into someone. "U-Uh, I-I'm sorry!" She immediately said and turned to face a tall guy with a bedhead hairstyle and a red training suit on which said Nekoma.

"Oya? Who do we have here?" The guy glanced down at her jacket and began to smirk "Karasuno, huh? Are you another manager, cutie?" Kashiya blushed and mumbled "U-Uhh...actually, I'm their assistant coach..."

"Assistant coach? Aren't you a first year?" A grey haired giant all of a sudden bumped into the conversation and had the poor girl screech in fear. He was so tall! "Hey, c-could you leave her be for the start?" Asahi said as he quickly went over and pulled his little sister away from the two Nekoma players.

Confused looks followed the younger Azumane, who hid behind her brother whenever another tall person would pass them. "Ne ne, Ka-chan, you'll be alright. nobody bites." Asahi tried to assure his younger sister, who was still shaking in fear.

"Oya oya?" "Oya oya oya?" "Oya oya oya!" Just as Asahi had left Kashiya alone for a second, she was immediately met with those words. When she turned to see where those had come from, she recognized the bedheaded Neko from before. Now he was accompanied by a guy who had large, yellow eyes and had his hair looking like an owl.

"Who are you?" The owl like guy asked and Kashiya muttered "A-Azumane Kashiya! I-I-I'm Karasunos assistant coach!" "Ohhhhh!" The owl said again and then said "Bokuto Kotaro, top third spiker of the nation and the absolute ace!" "Ehhh?" She stared at him a little wide eyed and raised her eyebrow slightly. He grinned and said "Yeah! I'm the best!"

"W-well...I don't want to brag but...I'm number two..." She mumbled and with that Bokuto went silent and just stared at her deadpan. "Eh?" He asked along with Kuroo, before she quickly left the two and headed inside the gymnasium to avoid any other conversation."Wait, ace-chan!" The bed head called but quickly Kashiya snuck away from him.

"Ace-chan?" Tsukishima said, who had appeared beside her, and snickered at that "What did you tell them that makes Kuroo call you ace-chan?" "Uh...I told them that I'm number two of the best spiker in Japan..." She stuttered and all of a sudden Hinata shouted "Number two?!"

That of course caught the others attention. "What are you yelling for, Hinata boke?!" Kageyama nearly yelled and glared at Hinata, who told him with wide eyes "Kashiya-san is the second best spiker in Japan!" And with that, all hell broke loose. Instantly almost half of the players started to bombard her with questions, while her older brother had a hard time to keep her safe from those.

When the tumult slowly came to an end, someone asked "Will you play a match with us?" The giant silver headed flagpole from Nekoma had asked that question and made Kashiya think for a bit, looking over to her brother for a little reassurance. He just shrugged and she knew that she had to decide this by herself now.

"I would first want this day to start with the training matches and then I will put together a team by the end of the day for a match against a team Kuroo chooses." Everyone noticed that there was already a slight change in Kashiya's aura as well as her personality. Normally she was shy to answer those questions, but now it was volleyball they were talking about.

"That sounds good." Nekomata stated and earned agreeing nods from the other players and coaches. With that then the training matches began and Kashiya sat on the bench between Ukai and Takeda. When she found something to improve, which was a lot, she would write it down so they could talk about that after a game and then try to improve it for the next game.

By the end of the day, the boys had lost every match and it was time for the match between team Kashiya and team Kuroo. "I will start with choosing my team, alright?" Kashiya asked Kuroo and he nodded. "Akaashi-san, Asahi-nii, Yaku-san, Tsukishima-kun and Daichi-san." She said and with that, her team stood.

Kuroo's team had Bokuto, Kenma the pudding headed setter from Nekoma, Hinata, the flagpole Lev, who turned out to be half Russian, and Nishinoya. They got in their positions, the other teams gathering around the field to watch. As soon as Kashiya stepped onto the court again, everyone noticed the change from peaceful to deadly in her aura, it was quite terrifying. Karasuno was used to it, but the others were quite startled.

"I'll let the lady serve first." Sassy Kuroo called over as she was passed the ball. She just stared at him dead pan and he felt it run ice cold down his spine. Kashiya went to the back of the court and then waited for the referee to blow the whistle to announce the game's start.

After the whistle blew, she took a deep breath and tossed the ball up high into the air. Then, after taking a few steps, she jumped high, a little higher than Hinata could, and send the ball flying into the other court, hearing the satisfying smack of the ball slamming against the ground.

Everyone stared in awe. Her serve was as powerful as the ones from Ubugawa, if not even more powerful. The scoreboard was changed and the ball came back to her. After the whistle, she tossed the ball into the air, not as high as before and then jumped, not using full force. This was what she also was good at, float serves, but not all of her float serves were as perfect as she hoped them to be.

The ball seemed to head straight towards Kuroo, who had a smirk plastered on his face and was probably thinking he could receive the ball. That was until the ball suddenly dropped to the floor right in front of him. A smirk formed on Kashiya's lips, it looked rather creepy to the others, while she watched Kuroo helplessly go for the ball, not being able to receive it in time.

Again it was a point for her team. The next serve she decided to put in a serve that every normal person could receive, because she didn't want to win the game just by serving. She could, but she didn't want to. Otherwise it wouldn't be fun, would it?