Chapter Sixteen; But I'm your boyfriend

[ enjoy the pic of Tsukki cuz he's a cute smol salty adorable beanpole and yeah idk ON WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER ]

Chapter Sixteen

The boys were nervous, that was for sure. Shiratorizawa got their first few points by little mistakes Karasuno made. Some could've been avoided, but she could understand that they were nervous. Although, they shouldn't let this nervousness take them over.

"Calm down!" Someone then yelled, making the team and probably also everyone else look over to none other than Sugawara. "There's no time to self-destruct! What the hell are you so nervous about?! The TV crews? Quit messing around!" The usually calm setter yelled at the boys on the court. Kashiya noticed the referee glare at Suga and was about to say something herself, when Daichi quickly said "Got it! We got it, Suga, so calm down!" Then he quickly apologized to the referee.

"Someone gets far more agitated than the players and it helps calm them down..." Takeda said, also seemingly scared of Suga's reaction, to which Ukai said "I don't care what the circumstance is. I just need them to score once and build a momentum." Kashiya nodded and then said "If they won't score soon, then the first set might be as good as lost..."

Agreeing hums came from the other three on the bench. Then they finally got a good receive in. Kageyama tossed the ball to Tsukishima, who went to spike it, although that spike got received neatly. I told him to use more force... Kashiya sighed and pressed her lips to a small line as the match then went on.

Goshiki received and Ohira sent the ball to Ushijima, who spiked. And again, Nishinoya wasn't able to receive the spike, tie went off. "Damn you, Ushijima..." Kashiya growled as she then glared at said super ace. A deadly aura began to form around her, definitely not unnoticed by the boys on the court.

"Don't tell me Kashiya-chan is pissed because Noya-san can't receive properly." Tanaka said and a shiver went down his spine. Daichi shook his head "No, that's not it. Shiya is pissed because of Ushijima." "Give me three." Nishinoya all of a sudden said, pulling the attention of Asahi and Daichi towards him. "I promise, I'll get used to it." "Better promise that to Kashiya-chan." Tanaka all of a sudden said and snickered.

"Don't make me make you a head shorter Ryu." Her voice suddenly rang sickly sweet in the second-years ears and he slowly turned to face her. To her deadly aura, a innocent smile was on her lips, making Tanaka shrink a little in his place. And a short while later, Ushijima again scored. The block was completely useless.

Another serve from Kawanishi, another receive from Daichi, Kageyama tossed the ball and Tanaka finally managed to score a point. Kashiya heard his sister yell "Way to go, Ryu!" Then Asahi served. Shiratorizawa's receive was a little unsteady, but nevertheless, Ushijima again scored. "Damn you..." Kashiya growled under her breath. "Ma ma, Kashiya-chan!" Ukai said beside her, although he himself seemed a little frightened by her aura.

"So, they already scored four points straight because of Ushijima-kun." Takeda quickly said, to which Ukai then said something about their setter but Kashiya couldn't care less. If she could, she'd get on the court and play along. But not only because of her knee she couldn't play, but also because she was a girl and these were the boys finals. Sadly, there weren't mixed teams like there were elsewhere.

When Shiratorizawa then scored their eighth point, the buzzers were heard for the technical time-out. The boys came to gather around their coaches. While Ukai stood up, Kashiya stayed in her seat, thinking. "Blocking all comes down to timing." Ukai then began, as soon as everyone had gathered around. "If they get through the top, it'll be difficult to prepare to receive, as well. You need to touch the ball, even if you can't stop it! Make Ushijima feel that there's a wall."

The boys yelled "Right!" A few of them then looked at Kashiya, wondering if she's got anything to say. "Stop that bastard Ushijima from scoring any points. The more you agitate them, the more tosses will go to Ushijima. And watch out for their #5. He's a genius at guess blocking. Don't make too obvious signs of where you want to spike or who you want to toss to."

Again the boys agreed and the buzzer was heard, the teams then going back into position. The next plays went by in a flash. Kashiya ignored half of the things that were happening though, her eyes were focused on a certain ace and how to completely stop him. But she had a feeling that that would be impossible. Well, not completely impossible, but it would definitely take some time until someone finally would be able to to block him out.

And as the second technical time-out came, with Ushijima scoring their sixteenth point and Tsukishima having been in the way, Kashiya immediately knew something was wrong. Slowly she got to her feet and then limped over to the megane beanpole, noticing how he already had tape in his hand.

"Hand it over." She said and held out her hand, so she could take the tape and tape his finger for him. "Shouldn't you be sitting down or at least be walking around with your crutches? You're terrible at balancing with that brace on." Tsukishima instead avoided her request.

"Kei, hand me the tape." Kashiya then said and with a sigh, the blonde middle blocker handed the roll of tape over. While she then taped his finger, he said "Still, you should be sitting down. Otherwise it will take ages for your knee to heal. Especially with the operation date in a few days." Kashiya sighed and smiled a little as she joked "Who are you, my mom?"

"No, but I'm your concerned boyfriend." He then smugly replied and smirked as he watched her cheeks turning red. Quickly she hit his chest and quietly said "Shut it, not everyone has to know." "But I'll make sure they will. Not now but later." He replied and then went back onto the court as the buzzers sounded throughout the gym.

Turning back to the bench, Kiyoko quickly came and steadied her as she noticed the first-year struggling with her balance. It's as if Tsukishima had jinxed it. Kashiya sat down on the bench on her designated seat between Ukai and Kiyoko. Somehow she had a bad feeling about this match. She didn't know what it was but she had this bad feeling and it didn't let her go. Something would happen soon. Something she definitely wouldn't like.