Chapter Five; Fire

Chapter Five

Kashiya just couldn't help it as she stood there, quite shocked as she tried to process what was happening. But as quick as Kuroo had approached, he let go of her again and smirked at her. Although this smirk was slightly different.

Then he just turned and continued to lead her on to the washing rooms for the girls. Kashiya, who was as red as a tomato now, remained silent as she followed the third year. When they reached the washrooms, Kashiya mumbled a quick "Thank you." Quickly she rushed into the room.

There she sighed and finally managed to process what had happened just a few minutes ago. Kuroo had kissed her! Quickly she shook her head to get rid of that thought, before heading over to the showers. Kashiya turned one on to give the water a bit time to warm up, before undressing as well as getting rid of her bandages.

With a dreadful sigh she realized she forgot to take new ones with her, but firstly she just shrugged it off and stepped under the hot shower. She immediately relaxed, along with her clenched up shoulder. Even after the past two years and after the operation, her shoulder was still aching sometimes. They had to operate her shoulder back then because there had been far more damage than thought.

Kashiya leaned her forehead against the wall as the hot water ran down her body. It slowly started to get too hot for normal people to handle but she didn't really bother. She had been through it once. After a few more minutes she then turned the water off and grabbed her towel.

It still hurt to remember what happened back then at the nationals. That was their third game and they barely won without her, but in the next they were completely crushed. All because Kashiya wasn't on the field with them. And then they all went home while Kashiya had to stay in the hospital in Tokyo. Asahi stayed with her there, of course.

She remembered how hard Saeko blamed herself that this had happened, she had even quit the club. Kashiya also quit the club, only visiting a few times. She wasn't allowed to play anymore after that incident. And now she felt her shoulder aching, remembering to shut it down with the volleyball training.

But she just couldn't sit there and do nothing. She was so passionate about volleyball. That's why she joined the boys club, knowing, that when she joins the girls team, she couldn't help it and would want to become a player. With a sigh, Kashiya shook her head as she put on some clothes, just a shirt and some shorts and of course her underwear.

Kashiya tied her hair up into a messy bun as she stared at herself in the mirror and stared at her scars, her burn scars. Either she had to get to her room really quick to not get caught, or she had to deal with it like this. She couldn't imagine how many questions they would start asking.

Finally she decided to just go with it, grabbed her stuff and headed off. Just as she had opened the door, a hyperactive Hinata ran past her, followed by Kageyama who was yelling something like "Hinata boke!" Kashiya just sighed as she watched them run off, before heading back to the room she shared with Kiyoko and Hitoka.

On her way there she was again met with familiar words. "Oya oya?" "Oya oya oya!" "Bokuto-san, you're being weird again." "You should give up on him. We gave up on Kuroo a long while ago." Turning around, Kashiya met the group of Kuroo, Bokuto, Akaashi, and Yaku. They seemed like they also came from their baths.

Bokuto looked so different with his wet hair down, that Kashiya couldn't help it as she started laughing. "Bokuto, you look hilarious!" She said and Bokuto pouted at her "O-Oi...Akaaaashi, do I look hilarious?" Akaashi snickered slightly as he said "Bokuto-san, you do look different."

Kuroo started laughing at his best friend as Yaku came over to Kashiya with a smile. "Mama Yaku, how may I help you?" The young Azumane smiled and held back a giggle. Yaku chuckled and then said "There are a few people who would like to talk with you, along with me."

"And who would they be?" Kashiya asked a bit confused to which Yaku said "I think they are at your room already." Frowning, Kashiya went ahead and headed to her room. As she went inside, she found Daichi, Suga and Asahi along with Kiyoko, Hitoka and the other female managers, of who she actually had forgotten the names.

Asahi looked like he wanted to hold them all back from doing what they wanted to do, but he definitely failed. Confused, the young version of Asahi stepped into the room and asked "What's going on?" "You can put your stuff away first, there are three more coming." Daichi said, which confused her even more.

But nevertheless she went and put her stuff away and grabbed a few bandages, before sitting down on her futon, Asahi sitting down beside her and wrapping an arm around her, whispering "I'm sorry but I couldn't stop them from doing this." "What's going on, nii-san?" She mumbled while starting to wrap a bandage around her leg to cover up the burn.

When the older Azumane was about to answer, the door opened and Kuroo, Akaashi and Yamaguchi stepped in. All of them sat down in a circle and then watched Kashiya. "Kashiya-chan, there is something that we all would like to know." Suga said and Kashiya gulped slightly. "It's about the burn scars, right?" She asked and everyone nodded.

She handed her brother a bandage, who started to wrap it around her arm as she then sighed "I guess I can't keep it from you for ever." She didn't look at anyone as she began telling her story "It's partially got something to do with my incident at the nationals, back then in junior high..." Quickly she explained to them what had happened.

"Weeks later, when I came to school again, I found out that one of my best friends had quit the club, because she blamed herself too much for crashing into me. The nationals were history for us. We lost in our fourth match. Some of the girls, mostly Saeko though, were bullied by some boys for being too weak and that that was the reason for why we lost. None of them really knew why we actually lost."

She paused and took a deep breath, before continuing "One day after I had come back, I saw that a group of boys was threatening Saeko with a lighter. Saeko was scared of fire. So, as I wanted to protect her, I ran over and got in front of her just as they were about to set her on fire."

A few of them who listened gasped and Kashiya looked down. She didn't want to tell them about the rest, they could probably think for themselves what had happened. "We're so sorry to hear this..." Yaku said. Asahi wrapped his arms around his little sister and pulled her close, knowing she was about to cry.

The others stayed silent, just her sobs were heard in the room. Silently, Kuroo got up, followed by the other boys and left the room. Asahi soon handed his little sister over to Kiyoko and left the room as well, so it was just the girls. They were better at comforting her anyways.

Outside of the girls room, Kuroo asked Asahi "Do you know what happened to the guys who did this to her?" "The one who set her on fire was thrown out and had to search for another school, the others who tagged along only had a suspension of two weeks." Asahi said and the others nodded in thought. "We should tell the others to not ask her about it." Daichi said and the others nodded in agreement, before they all went off.