Chapter Eleven; Changes

Chapter Eleven

"Thank you..." Kashiya mumbled as they were nearly back at her home. Tsukishima had told her that he was supposed to bring hr home after they got back from Shiratorizawa. She was glad that Tsukishima agreed to come with her. "No problem." Tsukishima replied, as if it was nothing. "The others would kill me if I didn't take care of you properly, chibi-chan." He then continued and paused shortly.

Kashiya remained silent, not saying a thing, waiting for him to continue. "I think I'd hate myself if I weren't able to protect you." Tsukishima then stated and immediately the shorter female felt a blush creep onto her cheeks. She didn't have to look up at Tsukishima to know that he was smirking slightly.

Then they reached the desired destination and came to a stop in front of the few steps to the door. Kashiya looked up at him, still blushing, as she said "T-thank you very much for joining me, Tsukishima." She smiled a little at the taller male. The blonde then replied "No problem, as I've said."

Kashiya nodded slowly and then turned around to head to the door, although his hand around her wrist stopped her. Confused she turned back to him, only to be met with his lips abruptly. Her eyes widened at first, but then she closed them and melted into the kiss. She felt his hand on her cheek and leaned into his touch a little, feeling his smirk against her lips.

When they then parted, she was blushing even more. "I-I uh...I'll see you tomorrow..." She stuttered and then quickly went to the door, unlocking it and heading inside, leaving behind a smirking megane lamppole.

-

Months passed. Spring High Preliminaries were just a day away and they were having their last practice today. Kashiya somehow had less and less contact with Kuroo, but that's probably because he had to study quite a lot now, she saw it with her brother, since he's also in his third year. And somehow, Tsukishima and Kashiya ended up getting together, although only Asahi and Yamaguchi knew. Somehow the others were too oblivious to find out, although she believed that the rest of the third years probably had a premonition.

As it had become usual, the first-year practiced with the team, played matches with them, helped them get stronger wherever she could. The training schedule she had set up worked perfectly. She hoped Shiratorizawa didn't get too good now for them to counterattack.

Speaking of Shiratorizawa, Tendo had told her Ushijima had been pissed for three weeks straight. The thought just made her grin. The super ace being pissed for such a long time because he lost to a girl. She liked that thought. But she knew that that'd make him even more aggressive in his plays.

"Come on Ryu, you can receive better than that!" Kashiya called, as Tanaka kind of sloppily received a ball which her brother had just spiked. She had given nearly everyone nicknames. The ball still went up and Kageyama managed to set it, but fact is fact.

Together with Asahi and Daichi, Kashiya jumped up to block Hinatas spike. They successfully managed to shut it down. Kashiya chuckled as she saw how riled up Hinata got, yelling something about wanting another toss and definitely making the next one.

Asahi served again, Tanaka received again, this time better than the first one, making Kashiya call "Nice one Ryu!" Again Kageyama set to Hinata and again the block trio from before jumped, Hinata forcing them to a one touch. The ball was sent to Suga by Ennoshita, who then set to Kashiya, who had already advanced to jump and spike.

She smiled as she successfully managed to get their team a point. Everyone had gotten so much better at blocking but still, nobody seemed to manage to stop her spikes. As the younger Azumane then landed, she felt an agonizing pain shoot through her left knee, making her eyes widen and a gasp escape her lips.

She felt her knee give away and then felt herself land on the floor. Her eyes were still wide, she didn't even realize the pain. "Ka-chan?" "Shiya?" "Kashiya-chan?" She heard many confused and concerned voices call for her. She then noticed her brother appear next to her and slowly came back to reality. Quickly she shook her head and mumbled "I-I'm fine."

Then she tried to get up, but as soon as she put some weight on her left knee, she helped in pain and again felt it give away, this time, her brother caught her before she could hit the ground. Carefully he set her down and then pulled her knee pad away gently, only to reveal a slightly swollen knee.

"We have to get you to a hospital, Ka-chan..." Asahi said and looked at his little sister, concern filling his eyes. "I-" "Chibi-chan, you can't even walk, now lets go to a hospital." Tsukishima said and without hesitation then picked her up. Coach Ukai called "I'll drive her, so we don't have to call an ambulance."

Tsukishima nodded and then headed off, following Ukai, along with Asahi. "Practice is over for today!" The blonde dyed coach then called over his shoulder, before he, the Azumanes and Tsukishima then left the gym.

-

"I'm sorry to say, but as it seems, you tore your inner and outer meniscus." The doctor said, showing Asahi, Kashiya, Tsukishima and Ukai pictures from the MRI. "You'll have to rest for quite some time now, Azumane-san. No sports." The doctor continued, but Kashiya didn't listen anymore. Tomorrow they'd have their first match! She couldn't miss that!

She got a brace and some crutches and then was allowed to leave. She was clearly depressed. "Asahi-nii, can you call oka-san?" She quietly asked her older brother, not looking up from the floor. "Sure." Asahi replied and then went off as soon as they were outside to call their mother so she could get then.

Tsukishima wrapped an arm around Kashiya's shoulder and leaned his head against hers, staying silent. "Kashiya-chan, I think it would be better if you stay at home and rest for the first two or three match days. We'll keep you updated." Ukai said gently. Kashiya pressed her lips to a small line and just nodded "Alright..."