Chapter Four; Kuroo is a bad cat

// Authors Note;; The quote on the pic is mine, I got the original pic of trash Kuroo on Google. Enjoy trashy Kuroo and a chapter filled with feels. //

Chapter Four

The match ended quite close, Kashiya had won the first set with 27-25, Kuroo the next with 25-23 and the last was one by Kashiya and her team with 29-27. They all were astonished by what power Kashiya held, other than that power Kageyama had held in Junior High as the King of the Court.

After the match, they all were told to gather around. After having taken a sip of her water, Kashiya said "There are a few things I want to ask of all of you. Would there be any volunteers to help Hinata-kun and the blond megane flagpole get better at blocking?" "Are they so horrible?" Kuroo asked her with a smirk as he came from getting his drink, sitting down between Bokuto and Kashiya.

"The worst of the worst to be exact." Kashiya said deadpan and received quite a few snorts of laughter, while Hinata tried to process what she had just said and Tsukishima raised his eyebrow "Chibi-chan's got quite a big mouth." "Shut it flagpole with your attitude or you'll have to receive a spike of mine with your faces just like Hinata once did and I won't feel sorry at all."

Again the others laughed, watching the two of them bickering in amusement. "You sure you won't feel sorry? You've got a glass heart after all." "Maybe I'll also break your glasses and I won't be paying for new ones." "Are you really sure you've got the nerves to do that chibi-chan?" "Shut it flagpole or I'll make my threat come true."

"Hey now, this is not a way to settle it." Kuroo all of a sudden butted in and the bickering pair looked at him with raised eyebrows, while the megane flagpole said "And what's gotten into you now?" "Hey now, I'm not as bad as you think I am." "You're right. You're worse than that." Kashiya said and instantly the hall was filled with laughter from the boys, while the coaches watched with a grin, shaking their heads and most of the managers laughed along.

The verbal fight ended with the coaches announcing that they all were now free to go. Kashiya stood up and said "I would greatly appreciate it if someone would practice blocking with them." Then the young Azumane left the gymnasium and headed toward the school building to get her stuff. She quickly wanted to shower while the boys were still in the gyms.

"Hey, Ace-chan!" Someone called behind her, making her flinch slightly, having not expected that. Turning around she came to face Kuroo. "Since I bet that you want to take a shower, I thought I could be so nice to show you the way there. We wouldn't want our precious ace-chan to get lost on her way there, would we?"

Kashiya blushed slightly as she indeed realized that she had no idea how to get there. "Th-That would be nice..." She said and looked away awkwardly, while Kuroo said "Do you still know the way to your room, ace-chan, or did you forget that too?" "I didn't forget anything!" She said and hit his arm, making him laugh as she then quickly ran off to get her stuff.

Kuroo followed her on her way to her room which she shared with Kiyoko and Hitoka. Hitoka had assigned to be a manager at the same time like she had, but when she then became assistant coach, Hitoka wasn't as useless as a third manager anymore. He waited patiently as Kashiya quickly grabbed her duffel bag with the things she needed and a pack of clothes, before walking out to Kuroo.

He grinned at her with his Cheshire Cat smile, saying "Ready to go, sweetheart?" Kashiya blushed at that nickname and nodded slowly "Uh, yeah..." The bed headed third-year chuckled and said "Then follow me."

Kashiya nodded and followed him as he led the way. "You're really good. Now that I remember it right, we were at a game of yours, Yaku, Kenma and I. We didn't want to bring Yamamoto because he freaks out around girls. He's like your Tanaka." He said and chuckled, before continuing.

"We went to your nationals game. You were in your second year, right?" Kashiya nodded. "That's when it happened, right?" Kuroo asked and the atmosphere got a bit thicker with unbearable silence as well as a hint of sadness. Then a nearly inaudible "Yes." was heard from Kashiya.

"I was in my first year of high school then. I remember how you were in pain." Kuroo said as he remembered what had happened that day.

*Insert flashback noises*

"Sorry, cover!" Chiyuki called as she barely received the ball. The setter of Ryoko Junior High, Akane, quickly went and tossed the ball to one of their wing spikers, Akira. Although her spike was halfway blocked by the other team. The ball flew diagonally back over to them and quickly Kashiya ran over to receive the ball, nearly crashing into the table where the games judges sat.

She watched as the ball flew in a high arch back to the others, Midori barely being able to receive it back into the field. Kashiya watched the ball fall in time lapse as she ran over to receive it and hopefully bring it to the other side. She jumped forward, stretching her arm out and balling her hand to a fist.

But when she realized that she wasn't the only one who was diving for the ball, it was too late. Because the moment she realized it, they had already crashed into each other and she felt something in her body crack, pain shooting through her, the pain coming from her left shoulder.

Then there was a pained scream filling the gymnasium, making everyone stop in their movements. On the other side of the tribune a first year of Karasuno High quickly parted from his group of friends who had come with him and ran down the stairs, everyone could only guess he was heading down to the girl on the ground.

Quickly the coach rushed onto the field, followed by their manager. Saeko stared at Kashiya in disbelief. She had been the one who had crashed into Kashiya, her head hurt like hell, but she had no idea what was going on with Kashiya. She stared at their captain in shock and fear of what had happened.

Kashiya laid there, nearly curled up into a ball, letting out pained noises. Their coach Murasaki gently turned Kashiya on her back, making the young Azumane yelp in pain. And that's when they saw that her shoulder did not seem in place and seemed even more than dislocated. Probably even broken.

"Can we have a paramedic here?!" Coach Murasaki yelled while trying to calm Kashiya a little. The whole gymnasium was silent, except for the whispers here and there of people who wondered what exactly had happened. Kuroo, Yaku and Kenma just stared in silence, shocked at what had happened, until Kuroo silently suggested "We should leave...I don't think anything will happen today anymore."

His comrades nodded and then the three of them silently went to leave the giant gymnasium.

*flashback ends*

"That was the worst day in your life until now, wasn't it?" Kuroo asked silently and Kashiya mumbled "Not entirely but yes." What surprised Kashiya greatly was when Kuroo all of a sudden wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.

"If you ever feel the need to talk about it or about anything, then talk to me." He whispered and Kashiya nodded, wrapping her arms around him. "I remember you now." She said after a while of silence. "You never change, don't you?" She mumbled, chuckling. That had been a slight reference to Kuroos hair and he laughed as he got it.

"Yeah I don't. Did you know that back then I was just as flirtatious as I am now?" He said and Kashiya giggled as she looked up at him, dropping her arms "Well, I do believe that you've gotten worse." Kashiya stared and the third year laughed.

"Should I prove it to you?" He said after a short pause and Kashiya frowned a little. Kuroo didn't even wait for a right answer, as he placed a finger under her chin, bent down and kissed her, right out of nowhere.

And boy oh boy, Kashiya was shocked.