Chapter Six; Protective

Chapter Six

The golden training week had now come to end and they were currently about to hold their barbecue. The guys were so hyped about the thought of meet, just the thought about the meat made them drool. And poor Kashiya was stuck in between all of those Giants.

When they were let go on the food, they were like hungry animals. Glancing over at Hitoka, Kashiya noticed how uncomfortable and scared she was. Kashiya would've tried to calm her but she wasn't better off. The worst part was when Kuroo came over to her, his mouth stuffed more than his plate.

"You fould eat fomefing." He said and made Kashiya frown "Eh?" "Have fome of my food!" Bokuto burst in, nearly shoving his plate into her face. She winced and jumped back, his sudden appearance having scared her slightly. Slowly she started to understand how Hitoka felt, as Lev came over and also offered her some food, along with two from Ubugawa and another from Shinzen offering her some, since there was no possible way for her to get through everyone.

She was strong on the field but otherwise just as strong as a twig. Soon enough, Sugawara came to save her from them, helping her to get some food. "T-Thanks Suga." She mumbled and blushed, embarrassed. "It's alright, Shiya." The third years, along with Ennoshita, Narita and Kinoshita had gotten used to call her Shiya while she gave them nicknames. Tanaka and Nishinoya stayed with Kashiya-chan.

The team and her had grown quite fond to each other, they were like a big dorky family. She loved their harmony and how they got along. Tsukishima, aka Saltyshima, aka flagpole, was still a little rusty,  but he at least accepted her. So now Kashiya was part of this big family as if she had been from the beginning.

Kashiya headed toward the group of the other managers along with Kiyoko and Hitoka. They were all really nice and they've also grown close friends, so they already had exchanged numbers. She found it funny how many methods the Fukurodani managers had come up with to cheer up Bokuto when he was going into his depressive enough phase again.

After a long talk then, Hitoka was telling currently telling a story, they were interrupted by someone saying "Ace-chan, can we talk?" Looking up, Kashiya saw Kuroo looking at her with quite a serious expression other than the one he always wore with his smirk.

She hesitated a little before nodding slowly "Uh, sure, I guess..." She got up and went to follow alongside him, awkwardly. She felt a few people watching her, noticing how her older brother, Suga and Daichi were watching them from the side, Suga having to calm both of them. Asahi of course a little scared and worried, Daichi being extremely concerned, as far as Kashiya could see.

When they were around the corner, more secluded from everyone's sight, Kuroo finally came to a stop. "Can I have your number?" He suddenly asked, making her frown a little. "Did you take me all the way here only to ask that?" She cautiously asked, having a feeling that there was more.

Kuroo scratched the nape of his neck and smirked his Cheshire Cat smirk "You know me too well Shiya." "I don't recall you belonging to the people who are allowed to call me that." "I know you haven't asked me to officially but I know you don't mind."

He leaned his hand against the wall beside her head, making her notice only now how she had backed up against the wall. She felt her heart quicken as she mumbled "W-What are yo-" She couldn't finish as Kuroo then again had locked his lips with hers. This was her second kiss ever. On one hand, she wanted to reject him, but on the other hand it felt somewhat right.

After a short moment which felt like forever, he pulled back and smiled at her, it was an honest smile. Her cheeks were just as red as his uniform. She didn't know what came over her when she got on her tiptoes and kissed him again. She could feel him smirk against her lips.

That moment lasted until someone cleared their throat. "When you're done with molesting our manager, we want to leave." Tsukishima was standing beside them. Kashiya blushed a even darker color of red and mumbled "A-Ask Kenma for my number, he has it..."

With that she turned away and headed over to Tsukishima, who wrapped his arm around her in a protective matter but simply stared ahead. She blushed even more, if that was even possible. "You should be more careful." The flagpole all of a sudden said.

"W-What do you mean?" She asked, trying not to stutter too much. "He is a player. He'll only break your heart." His answer made her front. "Why do you worry about that?" To that, he said nothing but "The others are waiting. Yachi and Shimizu-senpai already got your things."

She nodded slowly and mumbled a "Okay." Then the bus came into sight and Tsukishima dropped his arm, although Kashiya had a feeling that it was rather reluctantly.

Arriving at the bus, Suga asked "Would you like to sit with me?" She nodded slowly and smiled "S-Sure." Quickly she got on and sat in a seat by the window, Suga sitting beside her. soon when all the others had come onto the bus, they drove off back home.

"Shiya, what did Kuroo do?" He asked silently, since some of the others were trying to sleep. "Why do you ask?" She mumbled, blushing a little as she remembered what happened.

"Well, Tsukishima had his arm around you as if he was protecting you from him so I'm only curious if he did something." Suga stated and made her blush even more. "It's uh...a long story..." "Well, we do have time now."

She thought a little, considering if she should tell him or not, but then just deciding to stay with the very short version. "He kissed me." Quickly she averted her gaze to avoid any further conversation and Suga seemed to understand that.

Then she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and took a look. It was a unknown number.

Hey kitten, it's your favorite captain ;)

She blushed at that nickname and quickly texted back.

Kitten: Don't call me that.

Cheshire Cat: too late, saved your number under that name

Kitten: You're embarrassing

Cheshire Cat: you know that you love me tho ;*

Kitten: Shut up Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat: ooooh getting feisty, me likey

Kitten: Change my name from Kitten to something else

Cheshire Cat: Nuh uh

Kitten: I hate you

Cheshire Cat: You love me

Kitten: I'll go get some sleep now shut up and leave me alone

Cheshire Cat: love you too, goodnight kitten