Chapter 9

LUCY'S POV

"You heard didnt you?" Natsu scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah" I felt bad for eavesdropping but i really needed proof he loved me which i was already convinced of.

Im pretty sure i made Natsu feel really awkward since he opened his mouth a few times but no words came out.

"Im sorry if i made things awkward" I tried to clear the awkward atmosphere i created.

"No its fine" He smiled a light smile before offering if we wanted to explore his mansion.

"That would be awesome!" I slowly stood up again Natsu assisting me.

We walked all around the basement and first floor now we were going to his room which made me unusually nervous.

"We're here" He pushed open the door which revealed his monster of a room.

It was huge with flames on the walls. Everywhere was either red or orange making it look kindve like the room was gonna burn up at any point.

" Its different" I stated while looking around.

"In a good or bad way?"

"Good of course besides its your room i dont decide" I plopped on the edge of his neatly folded bed. Natsu sitting beside me.

"You will have a say once we're married" He smirked at me while my eyes widened understanding what he meant.

"Natsu keep your perverted thoughts to yourself" I smacked him on the shoulder while glaring at him.

"Hey im just saying the truth besides you belong to me now" He whispered in my ear causing me to flinch.

"Natsu we arent married yet" I pouted at him while he chuckled at me.

"I know but i have to make sure people know that your a Dragneel now" He kissed me on the ear gently.

"S-stop Natsu thats ticklish" I giggled while Natsu chuckled at me.

"Now lets go ask my father where you will be sleeping for the next week." Natsu told me to stay while he went to get his father.

"Natsu its alright!" I called after him but he already disappeared.

"What did i do to deserve his love?" I mumbled to myself because personally of all the companies in the world there were many beautiful daughters that Igneel could've made the arranged marriage with so why me?.......It was because of my father.

"Lucy because all the rest of the rooms in the mansion are full you will be staying in Natsu's room for the week" Igneel smirked at me while Natsu's mouth was agape behind him.

"But father i only have one bed" Natsu was probably trying to make sure i dont go out of my comfort zone.

"On my is that so then your going to have to figure out a way" Igneel jogged out the room quickly avoiding any more of Natsu's excuses.

"Well you heard him so we are going to have to sleep together in one room" Natsu went to his closet and pulled out a mattress and pillow placing it on the ground.

"Are you okay with this?" Since i was staying at their house i wanted to make sure Natsu was the most comfortable one. 

"I will be fine but are you okay?" He continued setting up the mattress.

"I'll be fine besides i should get used to it right?" I calmed myself down because its only Natsu........my future husband!

"I dont want you to feel forced so for the week im going to sleep on the ground you can sleep on my bed if you dont mind" Natsu went back to his closet and grabbed a red blanket placing it out on the mattress.

"You really dont have to i'll sleep on the ground" I offered.

"Lucy one rule i have in my household............always be the gentlemen" He kissed me on the forehead before going to the living room to where my suitcases were.

Within a few minutes he already had my suitcases and were bringing them into his room placing it beside his bed.

His room was mostly empty with only his desk and a rack of equipment's in the corner.

"Natsu you really dont have to sleep on the floor" I tried to convince him to drop the idea but he had his mind set already.

"Lucy your the guest and my wife so you get the bed" He sat beside me on the bed before carrying me down to their garden.

"Natsu put me down!" i grabbed onto his red shirt clutching on tight for dear life, he was carrying me bridle style down the stairs where my face was burning with embarrassment. All heads were turned to us most were staring in confusion.

"Here we are Lucy" Natsu placed me down on the ground outside the mansion.

I felt grass tickle the sides of my feet which caused me to curl my toes inside my flat heeled shoes.

"Natsu it looks gorgeous!" My hands went to my mouth as i stared at the beautiful Dragneel Mansion.

There was a small river in the middle of the garden with a wooden bridge built across, several beautiful cut trees and flowers that dotted the path winding around the garden.

"Im glad you like it" Natsu was standing behind me with his hands on my waist and was breathing into my neck with every breath.

"Natsu why are you showing me this?" 

"Because i thought that if you are going to be a Dragneel than sooner or later you would have to see the Dragneel Garden." Natsu grinned at me while holding my hand showing me around the garden.

I could walk now slowly but hey if you break a foot you have to start somewhere!

We walked around the huge garden for a few hours before heading back upstairs and brainstorming what we wanted to do over the next 6 days.

"What do you want to do now since we have 3 hours before we have to go with my father and your father to the wedding parlor to get you a dress for our wedding" Me and Natsu were sitting on the floor of his room across each other. The brainstorming notebook beside Natsu.

"We could get to know more about each other?" 

"Sure" He voice held a hint of hesitation.

"Okay who was your first kiss?" I squinted my eyes at him playfully waiting for his answer.

"I'll answer that later" 

"Okaaaaay than" I was a bit suspicious but i wanted to continue the "interrogation".

"Have you dated anyone before?"

"No" 

"Really Natsu your bluffing" 

"No im not no one seemed to catch my eye"  I stared at him in disbelief, how can someone like him not have dated anyone before that is impossible to believe!

"Oh next question" 

"How come your asking me all the questions dont i get to ask you some?" Natsu grinned at me while i nodded slowly.

Italics: Natsu     Regular: Lucy

"First kiss who was it"

"No one yet"

"First date"

" No one"

"First crush"

"You"

Natsu looked taken aback by my answer but just smirked at me.

"So we both havent dated or kissed anyone yet?" Natsu seemed very unconvinced but observed silently.

" Correct" 

We chatted about friends, family, hobbies and interests the rest of the hours until it was time to choose a wedding gown.

I better charish it because this only happens once in a lifetime.