38

A/N: THIS SHIT HAS 2K READS IM

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 💖💖💖

Now enjoy this chapter tbh I have a feeling you all will hA

It's shorter than most of my Correct Grammar Chaptersbut here you go anyway.

+++

Ronan's face appeared on Adam's computer screen as he accepted the call.

Adam smiled. "Hi," he said.

"Yo," Ronan replied. He smiled back. Chainsaw was on the table next to him and he was stroking her feathers. Ronan and his bird were such an adorable pair. You couldn't not be happy when you saw the two of them interacting.

"Aw," Adam accidently said out loud.

"Aw," Ronan mimicked.

"Shit," said Adam.

Ronan chuckled. He asked his bird, "Chainsaw, can you say shit?"

"Kerrah," Chainsaw said.

"Birds don't talk, Ronan," Adam reminded the other boy.

"Parrots," said Ronan.

"Chainsaw's not a parrot."

"You don't know that. Maybe her father was a parrot."

"I."

Ronan smirked.

After a few moments' silence, Ronan said, "Adam."

"Ronan," Adam replied.

"Um." He paused. "I've been meaning to ask you."

Adam's nerves pricked in anticipation and nervousness. "Yes?"

"Well. Ya know...the other day...when I started reciting the lyrics to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend to you, you remember that, right?"

"Yes, I remember."

"Right, well..." Adam could hear him anxiously tapping his hands against the table. "And then when I said, I could be your girlfriend, ya know..."

Adam might've stopped breathing. He wished Ronan would stop stalling and just get whatever he had to say over with.

"And you said," Ronan continued, "I'd be down for that, or something like that, right?"

Adam just nodded.

"Wa...was that a joke or did you actually mean that?" Ronan finally asked.

Adam wanted to lie. He wanted to lie so bad. But Ronan valued honesty above all else, so he knew that if he ever lied to Ronan he would immediately eliminate any chance he ever had with him.

And well...who knows? Maybe Ronan could like him back. Probably not. Adam didn't view himself as being particularly wantable, after all. But there was always that small possibility...

"Well," Adam said after a long silence between the two of them. "I...I kind of meant it, but...I don't expect you to feel the same way though, so don't worry about it."

There was another awkward silence between them. And then Ronan said, "I...I do feel the same way, Adam."

Adam perked up in shock. Had he misunderstood? "Wait...wait, what?"

"Adam," Ronan said. He took a breath and then continued, "would you like to be my boyfriend?"

Adam couldn't actually believe what was happening. A huge smile came to his face that he couldn't hide even if he tried. "Yes," he whispered. His heart was pounding so fast at the moment, he couldn't bring himself to speak any louder. "Fuck, yes." He actually giggled. He wanted to slap himself but that would most likely appear weird to someone outside of his head.

Ronan was smiling just as much as Adam. "So...so we're boyfriends now, then?" he asked excitedly.

"Yeah," Adam agreed. "Yeah, I guess so."

"Oh my God," Ronan said. "Oh my God, awesome."

"Very awesome, yes." He glanced at the clock and saw that it was getting late and his parents were almost home. "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to go now. I'll text you, though."

"It's okay," Ronan assured him. "Goodbye, boyfriend."

Adam smiled. "Goodbye, boyfriend."

He hung up the call and then decided to spend the next ten minutes pacing around his room, trying to calm down.

Ronan Lynch was his boyfriend.