Journal 2: Gideon's POV

After the three of us fixed up the keychains rack, and we all went separate ways around the shop. Wendy went back to the register to resume her job, Paz went to look at all the fake animals (and pet each and every one of them), and I just walked around aimlessly, acknowledging all the faker and even more bogus attractions than the ones all those years ago.

"Wendy Corduroy.." I murmured to myself. "She's changed a lot, since I last saw her. A LOT."

"Whoa! What was THAT about Wendy?!" Pacifica suddenly appears at my side, and screamed into my ear, which enabled me to slap my hand over her mouth.

"Shhhhh!" I hissed, and she licked my hand, and I immediately released her, and wiped off her saliva onto her sweater.

"Paz, gross!" I exclaimed.

"Gideon! Tell me the deets!" Pacifica jumped up and down in excitement.

"There are no deets!" I whisper-screamed. "I didn't say anything!"

"She's changed a lot, since I last saw her. A LOT." She mocked me in a tone that symbolized an exaggerated version of me.

"I said I didn't say anything, Paz!" I say, and I exited the tent and ran off into the nearby forest.

Once I ran off into a random direction for a fair amount of time, I look behind me to see if Pacifica followed me, which she wasn't.

I look around my bearings, which I didn't really recognize, so I started walking back to the tent. The forest really creeps me out, and might as well apologize to Pacifica for running off randomly.

I felt a sense of warmth once I saw the worn-down advertisement signs leading to the Tent of Telepathy. I sighed with a smile as I remembered when Bud told me to go hammer down signs in the forest where no one would ever see them, and my mother was furious when she found out that my uncle sent me out there alone.

I knocked on the sign when I came across it, and was about to walk past it without a care, when I heard a faint metal sound underneath the sound of wood.

"Hm?" I mumbled, and looked back at the sign, which the words had already almost completely faded. I took the sign down, and wiggled the nail the sign was hanging on. It was stuck in there pretty tightly, so it took me a while to coax it out of the tree.

When I pulled it out, I fell backwards because of how much force I used to pull it out, and that force wrenched open a metal trapdoor thing on the door.

I got up and slowly approached the tree, scared of something popping out. I gathered myself, took a deep breath, and I peeked inside. Inside was a small space with a radio looking contraption with buttons and switches on it.

"Whoa...." I murmured, and flicked a switch, which triggered something to open behind me.

I looked behind me, where yet another trapdoor had opened on the ground. I approached this one carefully as well, and kneeled down to find a old, tattered journal with a six-fingered hand on the cover labeled with a '2' on it.

Suddenly I remembered something from the past. I had found this journal before, when I was hanging up those signs, and I carried this around the whole time, but then for some reason, I put it back.

"Hmm..." I hmmed, and flipped through the pages. For some reason, they wouldn't come into mind. All I remember is bringing this book around everywhere.

"GIDEON!" I hear a high-pitched scream near me, and suddenly I was tackled.

"AHHH! PAZ, YOU SCARED ME!" I screamed, and she rolled off of me, and sat criss-cross applesauce in front of me.

"Blah!!! You're scared of everything!" Pacifica giggled loudly. "Whatcha reading? Some dumb book?" She said as she reached for it while I was still sprawled out on damp grass, water soaking into my clothes.

"This book isn't dumb, Paz!" I scrambled to grab the journal before she reached it, and hugged the book to my chest protectively.

Pacifica raised an eyebrow at me confusedly, but then dismissed it.

"Fine, then why'd you run off, and what's up with Wendy?" She crossed her arms.

I sighed. I didn't really know why I ran off myself. The thing with Wendy kind of set off something. "I just ran because... I have a history with Wendy in the past, I don't like discussing it, but I'll make an exception for you." I looked her her with a small grin.

"Go on..." She coaxed me gently.

"I had a huge crush on her before, and I actually might still have a crush on her." I felt my cheeks redden. "We were like best friends, and she was really cute and nice and stuff."

(Wendy's so cute when she was younger!)

"D'aww, Paz gushed. "That's adorable!"

I continued. "But, as you know, Wendy's three years older than me, and she had her friends her own age. Sometimes I was forced to hang out with them, but I was fine with that, since they were the quote unquote 'cooler kids'." I said, doing the motion with my fingers."

My blonde best friend looked at me in interest and nodded for me to go on.

"They didn't really like me, and once, something embarrassing happened to me, and all they did was laugh, and so did Wendy. Shortly after that, I didn't have many friends, since they completely ditched me, even Wendy, and I went home early, since the adults found out I was being bullied so much. My parents then took me back here since they thought I could handle myself, and you're here now." I smiled softly at her.

"Aww, Gideon, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, Paz." I said grimly.

"So... you still like her?" Her head tilts to the side.

"Yeah... but seriously, I don't even know why, she's changed, yet I still see her six-year old self in her eighteen-year old body now."

"Gideon..." Pacifica starts, but I cut her off.

"She also had this MASSIVE crush on this kid named Robbie Valentino, the most jerkiest and rude kid to ever exist, he never liked me." I sighed. "I wonder if he still lives here, or if he's changed as well."

"Gideon, I'm sorry." Then Paz immediately stands up. "C'mon, tell me about that book, and maybe that'll take your mind off this!"

"Alright, Paz, I'll show you the journal." I say, trying to smile a bit more.

"Cool!" She exclaimed.

I hesitated, and breathed out a sigh. "Let's... go somewhere private ..."

Well, there you go. Some kind of chapter that's not filler! Well, the Wendy thing was sort of filler, and the journal thing didn't last long, but whatever. Shiz will happen at and after the Gleeful Gala.