Sneaking Out: Gideon's POV

Pacifica and I snuck out of the shack to go see the Mystery Shack show. The more Bud got mad about it, the more I wanted to see what it was about, and why he hated it so much. We told him that we were just heading out to go get snacks from the grocery store.

But once we were about to take the golf cart, we saw Wendy hopping in to the front seat.

I was about to suggest to Pacifica that we walk over, but Paz already waved her over.

"Hey, Wendy!" She called, and ran over to her, and I reluctantly followed behind.

"I'm using the golf cart, so, um, you need another form of transport." She said as she put on her seatbelt.

"We just need a quick drop-off to the Mystery Shack." I whispered to Wendy.

Wendy raised an eyebrow at us and smiled at us mischievously.

"Rebelling against Bud, eh? Get in here." She said as she turned the keys in the ignition.

Paz jumped into the back seat, and I jumped into the front. Really, learning that this was actually Wendy, I didn't really want to sit up front anymore.

This time, she drove at a reasonable speed, unlike when she was going a million miles per hour the first time we met her, which was literally yesterday. The whole day today was me investigating the strange mysteries of the journal, and Paz was out looking for her new boyfriend.

"So where are you heading?" Pacifica asks, leaning forward in her seat.

"Same place you guys are. Robbie works there, so I just want to surprise him." She shrugged nonchalantly.

I sighed inwardly as we continued along the road, and pulled into the creepy woods.

"The Mystery Shack is around here?" Pacifica asks warily as we both survey the surroundings, which was dark and creepy. I swear I saw a pair of white eyes watch us.

"Yeah, we should be coming around to it in a few minutes or so."

It was silent for those couple minutes until we heard some crowd chatter from a distance, and then, Wendy suddenly swerved left.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, as I fell to the right, along with Paz, but Wendy kept her balance.

"We can't let any of the Stans see a Tent Of Telepathy golf cart here! It's bad enough that Stanley knows me and my face."

"Stans?" Pacifica questions.

"The two Stans that own this place, Stanley and Stanford Gleeful, are the great-uncles of Mabel and Dipper. They're pretty strict on people that have strong relations from the Tent, and vice versa with Bud, as you might know."

Wendy parked the golf cart a ways away from the shack, and we walk towards the shack entrance, and Wendy points towards an old man wearing a light blue suit with an eyepatch holding out a sack with a question mark logo stitched onto it, and people were putting STACKS of bills into the sack.

"Step right up!" He said, and waved his other hand dramatically! "Put your money in the bag, and it'll mysteriously disappear!"

"If you don't want to be on his watchlist by not 'tipping', said Wendy, while doing the quote unquote thing with her fingers, you have to go through the back way.

We creeped around the edges of the forest, until we reach a back door, saying 'Employees Only', and we run inside, Wendy holding the door open for us two, and coming in. It lead to a room filled with janitorial supplies, and another door through that lead to the gift shop, which honestly, was packed with people.

"Now I know why Bud's jealous." I mumbled. "This place literally every potential customer in Gravity Ascends!"

"Hey, Robbie." Wendy saunters behind the counter, where Robbie is busy handling customer purchases.

"Hey, babe." Robbie says and kisses Wendy on the cheek, and I book it out of there, into the stage place, where it's slightly full.

Pacifica follows behind me and smiles apologetically at me and takes a seat next to me in the third row.

"What time is it?" Paz asks me and places her head on my shoulder, and I pull up my digital watch, which read 7:56. The show should be starting in about four minutes.

"Four minutes, Paz." I say, and she pulls away from my shoulder and looks around the place. "I wonder why Bud hates this place with a fiery, burning passion." She wonders.

"He's stealing all the customers."

"But there's got to be more, Giddy!" Paz exclaims, but quietly. "It's got to be in the show itself."

Just as Paz finished her sentence, an announcement came through a speaker saying that the show was about to start, and a flood of people in the gift shop came to take some seats, Robbie and Wendy taking a seat all the way in the back. Robbie waved at me, but I pretended not to see, and Paz waved back at him.

"Gotta be nice, Gideon." She whispered teasingly at me, and the lights dimmed and a spotlight shined onto the stage for the show to start.

~~Time Skip To After The Show Because You Already Read This~~

Paz and I were in the attic, and we were both discussing the events that we just witnessed.

"That was complete bullcrap." I rolled my eyes. "They totally snuck a peek at the notebook when they stepped to the front and then turned around to face the other twin!"

I huffed. Gideon never looks at things in a positive fashion. "Then how do you explain the story? Everything about that was totally correct!"

"Whatever. This town is full of weird mysteries, must've used something weird." I said as I examined the journal for something related to that magic those twins just pulled, when suddenly, Paz throws a elegant golden envelope at me.

"They invited us to their Gleeful Gala. It's a pretty big deal."

"I'm not going." I said, and tossed it back over to her.

"But you can find out more about them, because we're going early, because they're helping us with the clothes! You can actually figure out their secrets, Gideon!"

I contemplated her argument in my head, and she was completely right. "Alright, then, we're going."