Candy Chiu: Pacifica's POV

My cheeks were hot and pink the entire time I had danced with Dipper. I had a fair share of boyfriends (and yes, following a guy everywhere he went for a good amount of time before he noticed counts.), but Dipper was seriously handsome and alluring.

He had gone upstairs to do something, and I started to head over to the snack table to grab something cold to cool down my face that was burning with the fury of five thousand suns.

I got a glass sparkling apple cider, in a fancy champagne glass, and took a sip, turned around, and was suddenly face to face with a pretty Asian girl wearing a magenta dress (Since Paz's dress is lake foam green here, and Candy is wearing a sort of lake foam green dress in the canon, I'll just have her wear magenta.) and glasses right in front of me.

This could be my chance to make some friends!

"Hi! I'm Pacifica! What's your name?" I smiled my biggest smile, going for a friendly and outgoing approach.

"Candy Chiu. And I saw you dancing with my boyfriend?" She crosses her arms and looked at me firmly.

"O-oh..." I felt my face heat up even more, if that was even possible. "I didn't know he had a girlfriend." Of course he did! He's so hot and charming. Wait, what did I say?

"Well, of course he does. He's Dipper Gleeful! Don't know where you came from, but Dipper's a girl-charmer and extremely popular here." She glares at me with hatred in her eyes. I never liked that in people's eyes, I didn't like to disgrace people.

"I'm-" I start, but Candy cuts me off immediately with her hand to my face,

"Save it, blondie, and stay away from my man." Candy snaps, and sashays away into a crowd, which seemed to magically make way for her as people danced around.

I bite my lip. She's just having a bad night! I feel bad for upsetting her. I'll apologize her with some Pacifica cookies and juice when she's calmed down more if I ever see her again.

I take another sip of cider, when I feel a sense of loneliness.

Where did Gideon go?

Last I saw him, he was dancing with Mabel, but the duo was gone. At least... Half of the duo was missing from my sight.

I went up to approach Mabel, who was speaking to a girl a bit taller than her, wearing a shiny gold over the shoulder dress.

"Oh, Grenda!" Mabel burst out laughing, but in an nice, elegant way.

"Mabel?" I kindly step into their 'talk area', on the left of Mabel, and the right of the girl named Grenda, I think?

"Hey, Pacifica!" She smiles widely at me. "Anything I could do for you?"

"Yeah, actually! Have you seen Gideon around?"

"Hm, Giddy Fresh, huh?" Mabel giggled. "I'm sorry, I haven't seen him since after our dance."

"Oh, that's compl-" I stopped in my tracks as soon as the girl from earlier, Dipper's girlfriend, came up to us.

"Mabel, Grenda! There is a very hot male over by the fon-!" Candy stopped in her tracks when she laid eyes on me. "Oh, I didn't see that you were talking to PACIFICA."

"Oh! I've seen that you've already met!" Mabel exclaimed. "Yeah, and this is Grenda! And Candy and Grenda are both my besties!" Mabel grinned widely.

"Nice to meet you, Grenda!" I hold out my hand.

"You too." Grenda said gruffly and begrudgingly shook my hand. Man, I'll get them to warm up to me!"

Candy tugged at her best friends' arms. "Come on, you guys! I want to go meet the handsome boy!"

"Wait." I said, confused. "Aren't you dating Dipper?" I raise an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Whaaaaat?" Mabel turned to Candy. "Did he finally stay around to hear you confess?" She asked energetically and excitedly.

I saw Candy suck in her left cheek, but then quickly let it go back to its normal position. "Hey, party girls, hopefully that guy will take a liking to one of you two!"

"Whoa, whoa!" Grenda said, and put up both her hands to indicate for Candy to slow down. "Girl, you're dating Dipper?!"

Candy sighed loudly. "No. He still won't stay around long enough for me to ask. Now, come on, girls." She said, and immediately turned on her heel in the direction of the food table.

"Let's go, Mabel." Said Grenda, and followed after Candy's footsteps.

Mabel smiled gently at me. "Candy seems a bit prickly at the moment, and I'd love for you to come with us to meet this guy! But... I don't think-"

"It's fine, Mabel." I gently said. "I understand. I'll be out of your guys' hair."

"You're not in our hair! And thank you for understanding. I'll see you soon, okay?" And with that, she followed after the two girls.

I looked to the clock. It's already 12:26, and I haven't made any friends!

WAIT.

MIDNIGHT?!

I didn't realize it was so late!

I had to get Gideon, and get back to the Shack! It was way too late right now!

But, where was he?

I apologize for the chapter that is 83 words too short! The new school year is seriously weighing me down, and I almost had to delay this chapter! But then I decided that that's not what you guys deserved, and decided to just finish it up and post it.