The Portal: Gideon's POV

I carefully snuck up behind Dipper and one of the Stan twins upstairs. I just hoped no one noticed me following them, since I was high above, where anybody could see me on the staircase.

Once I reached the top, I ducked behind a wall about ten feet away from where Dipper and a Stan were standing.

"Dipper! Shouldn't you be down at the party?" I heard Stan say to Dipper, with a bit of surprise and shock in his tone.

"I need to escape for a little bit." Dipper answered casually.

"Well, come on in, then." Stan said, and I heard ten soft beeps, and a mechanism whirring noises.

I dared to peek around the corner to see what had opened up, and I just saw the tail of Dipper's cape disappear off into the hallway.                         

The door started to creak close, and I started to sprint towards the door, luckily, my footsteps were somewhat muffled by the expensive looking rug on the hallway, and I barely slipped in the dark passageway.

Behind me, the door closed with a click, and gently tested the handle of the door, which turned. Good. I could still get out of the room this way.

I took a step forward, but my dress shoes let out a loud clack, and echoed.

"Hey, what was that?" I heard Dipper's voice from far down the staircase, and I winced.

"I'm sure it was nothing, Dipper." Said Ford.

I immediately took off my dress shoes and shoved them into a dark corner, and I continued on down the long staircase in my socks.

Finally, I reached the bottom floor, which genuinely intimidated me.

It was a dark room, with a huge panel of buttons and gizmos and a upside down shaped triangle thing with a circular hole in the middle.

What the heck was THAT?!

"So, Grunkle Ford, how's the portal coming along?" Dipper asked, hands clasped behind his back and looking up at his great-uncle.

"It's coming along, my boy, should be able to work in less than six months or so."

"Great!" Dipper exclaims excitedly, but then his voice lowers. "So this is where Will came from?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, it mysteriously closed after I... and Will came out of it..., so I was never able to conduct my brother and I's plan, but after a long thirty years...." Ford looks over to Dipper with a small smile on his face. "We will be able to orchestrate or plan."

"Glad to hear it, Grunkle Ford. I should probably head back up, though. I can't be gone for too long, or someone will notice."

"Fair enough, Dipper. By the way, get me some hors d'œuvres, please. Just leave them on the small table that's right outside, the one with yellow and orange chrysanthemums in a vase on it.

"Any preferences?"

"No, but be sure to get me some crème brûlée, please. Always been my favorite."

"Okay! My favorite too!" Dipper said excitedly, a hint of squeak in his voice.

"Haha, I'll see you around, Dipper."

I press myself against the wall of the small crook I was currently hiding behind, hoping Dipper wouldn't spot me as he walked by.

I closed my eyes as I heard the loud clacking of his dress shoes through the echoey basement, and I finally opened them as I heard them clack away from me.

Once I knew Dipper was a good amount of distance away from me, I peeked out of the small crevice I was hiding in and looked over at what Ford was doing.

I could see what he was doing, but he looked like he was furiously writing something down on something, and mumbling incoherent words under his breath.

After staying for about two minutes trying to wait for Ford to do something special, I decided he wasn't, and went to leave.

I carefully tread through the creepy and dark basement quietly, and back to the door, and quietly let myself out, and hurriedly scurried down the stairs to find Pacifica.

"Hey, Gideon!" Someone shrieks loudly behind me.

"Whoa!" I screamed, startled by the scream, and immediately turned around, finding Mabel. "Didn't expect that!"

She giggled. "Sorry, Gideon, I can get pretty excited sometimes!"

"Anyways, what, uh... Did you need?" I asked, wanting to get away from her, find Pacifica, and get the heck out of this mansion.

"Oh, I just wanted to... Y'know... Chat..."

"It's getting pretty late, so I should probably get back home with Paz. We should go get changed."

"I'll have a servant go retrieve your clothes. Keep the suit and dress! Gift from the Gleefuls to you."

"Oh, well... um... Thank you! Do you know where I could find-"

Mabel was interrupted by a brunette that ran past us, and was followed about ten feet behind by an Asian girl.

"GRENDA! Get back here, you b–" The Asian girl screamed, before her eyes landed on me.

"Hey, you're cute." She looked me up and down, but immediately started chasing after the Grenda girl.

Mabel rolled her eyes. "I need to go resolve this. I saw Pacifica not too long ago, but I don't know where she is, I'm sorry." And quickly took off after them.

Not a second after Mabel disappeared, Pacifica jumped out in front of me.

"Gideon. We gotta go home. It's after midnight, c'mon!"

"I agree with you, let's get out of here!" And with that, we both speedwalked to the front doors.

A/N: Yay, a chapter! Too bad another won't be posted until forever! I already had like, half of this typed up like two months ago, so I didn't do much, and this took like, two hours to finish it. DANG YOU, SCHOOL AND WRITER'S BLOCK! I really didn't expect there to be like, 20 million chapters of just the party and to be this long. See you in forever!