Chapter 1

1 Year Later

Kareem

"Mi caan believe yuh a lef me fIgo live wid yuh boyfriend," My mother's long brown hair danced all over her face, with the late spring Florida wind, while she sniffed uncontrollably as I put the last piece of luggage in the back of my white shimmery Range Rover, it was quite obvious Cam had it washed this morning due to the shine on the 22" Chrome Stormer Wheels Rims.

It took me a year before I finally decide to move in with Cameron. I wasn't ready to live with him when we were still in High School, that would have been too hectic and drama filled; being that his Ex and his enemy kept popping up with another problem. Couple weeks before graduation, some girl named 'Brandy' accused Cam of being her baby daddy, Lord knows I wasn't for that drama. I told him to look about it or else I would. He said he never fucked with her, but for my sake he did a paternity test last week and it wasn't his. That's why I waited till I am a bit older where I know I can take care of myself and not depend on my mother anymore.

I start college in five months with Monique and Ardianna. Cameron allowed me to drive by myself today so that I could have collected my clothes. Last week, we had an argument about getting me new clothes, and I refused on him buying me designer made clothes when I got clothes already. With Cam, you can't win so of course I lost. He was rushing me out the house this morning; I'm guessing he asked Nique to go shopping.

"Mom, I'm not leaving you and the house is thirty minutes, which is not far from here," I slammed the truck running into her warm motherly arms.

"Okay, make sure," she sighed kissing my forehead as if it was the last time she was going to see me.

"It's not like you're gonna be alone," I smirked, referring to her fiancé John. I still feel strange saying that. Never thought she would go down that road again, after her and dad divorced.

As far as I get it, his name is John Williams, a rich ass white bachelor, with two sons and no wife, own business places around the world, and they met at club 'Xtreme' and they hooked up from there, they have been dating for 11 months and she never mention him till late last year. He popped the question two weeks ago and she said yes. I don't know him...shit I never met him, but I will in the next three weeks when he gets back from his business trip.

"Awe my mother is in love," I cooed smiling at how her face lit up as she blushed hiding her face.

"Yeah but yuh a my first love," she pressed her forehead on mine mirroring my smile. Now that I am grown, I can safely say I'm my mother's child. My features matched hers perfectly as if we were twins.

"Mom you are, always and forever will be my first love," my eyes got watery as my childhood flashed before my eyes, it just hit me that I won't have someone to cook me a hot meal, or do my laundry. I am about to be the person that cooks, cleans and do laundry.

"Awe baby it will alright," She hugged me gently yet tight, like a mother holding her newborn baby.

I never stayed away from her for more than a week; this is going to be hard. I just can't imagine myself without her. When I had no friends she was there to cheer me, to tell me how beautiful I am when I was convinced I was ugly, she was there for every stage I went through, she was by my side and I will always love my mom for everything she did, even though we had our moments.

"Mom do you think I'm making a wrong decision," I sniffed, wiping my face with the sleeve of my grey sweater, well Cam's sweater.

"Mi no know baby, mi caan tell yuh wah fi do wid uh life, yuh a young adult now, but if yuh wan come back home, yuh always welcome, but if yuh lil bwoy friend think him bad and hurt yuh, mi ago kill him," She said in a serious tone, with a stern look plastered on her face.

"I will pass the message on," I smiled

Cameron might be a thug but he straight up scared of my mom. I find it funny, but it's a fact to not mess with a Jamaican woman. 99.99% Jamaican women are considered to be Mad women, you don't mess with them and get away, that's if you're lucky, and in this Niquee your luck might just ditch your ass.

Finally, we pulled away and said our goodbyes. I climbed into the van I pulled out the driveway and headed home."   

Will Format and Edit at a later date

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Diamond.