This Is Your Home

I took a deep breath and opened the blinds that covered the shack revealing the beach. It was a really hot day and the beach was packed with a bunch of teen and families. I turned around to see Trevor give me a smile and a thumbs up. I smiled back and flipped the close sign to the 'we are open' side. I think its pretty smart that this shack was here, I mean we sell drinks, snacks, floaties, sun block, and other beachly need other than surf board and boats and cloths but everything else yes.

Once we opened a few people came over asking for certain things and I glady helped them. This job isn't half bad although I put on a fake smile to go, it was kind of fun.

"Um Hi  there" A girl said sitting on one of the stools outside of the shack. I put another smile on.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"I'm here for Trevor, he told me to come by. My name is Clair" She said kind of shy. SHe seemed really sweet. She had beautiful light brown hair that flowed the her mid back layered to frme her face making her big brown eyes shine. She had a small body which looked really delicate.

"Well it's really nice to meet you Clair, Trevor told me you were coming just come in through that door over there and he is in the back room doing who know's what."

"Thank you" She smiled. "What's your name?"

"Lucy" I said. She smiled at me again.

"It was really nice to meet you Lucy, you're so much better than the last girl he hired"

"Thanks I guess' She shrugged her shoulders and left to the back room.

I carried on my job for the rest of the day having no troubles with customers. It was about 7:30 when Trevor and Clair walked out from the back room.

"Wow, you did really good for just hiring you this morning" Trevor smirked. Clairs eyes grew wide.

"You barely hired her this morning!" Trevor nodded his head and smiled.

"She seemed trustworthy enough." Clair sighed and shook her head then smiled.

"Well Lucy I must agree with Trevor, the moment I saw you I knew you were really special."

I felt my face blush. I have never had a compliment like that in years. At school kids would always make fun of me. Once I even tried cutting myself but after I almost bled out I stopped. I didn't need to batter my bosy anymore, but the scars are still there. I cover them up so no one notices them.

"Thanks"

"Well we better get going it will be too dark soon." Trevor said looking outside. "You need a lift Lucy?"

I lowered my head and shook it. I had no where to go. I could find another cheap motel.

"Come on you did a lot of work today, let us take you home." Clair pushed reaching for my arms. Instinctively I pulled away as fast as I could leaving them looking at me confused.

"I-I'm fine I could walk" I never took my eyes off of the floor.

"Well I'n not taking no for an answer so either you come with us or i throw you over my shoulder and force you to tell me where you live." Trevor said playfully threatening me but knew he was serious. It scared me honestly. I can't handle being hurt by someone else.

"I have nowhere to go" I said in a soft whisper that I could barely hear. Trevor an Clair looked at me curiously.

"What?"

"I don't have a place to live. But I can find a motel later after I lock up" I said louder. Clair looked at me with concern

"Oh no that will not be acceptable. Trevor don't we have a spare room in the house" My head shot up quickly.

"No no you don't have to I don't want to intrude or be a burden. I can find my own place, I just need to make a little bit more money" I quickly defended. I hate feeling like I don't belong but something in the back of my head kept telling me to trust them. But first I must know how to.

"You will most definately no be intruding Lucy. I just met you today and it feels like I've known you forever. You can stay with us however long you need rent free." Trevor said crossing his arms. I was lost for words. Tears rimmed my eyes.

"Thank you so much" I said in another whisper.

"You don't need to thank us Lucy. We are just doing the right thing and looking after a friend." Clair said looking in my eyes.

Friend? Its been so long since I had a real friend. When my parents began to hit me I shut down my social life. My so called friends left me there not knowing what to do when all I needed was a hug or a pat saying it was going to be okay,I'm here for you. But no they left me.

I smiled at them a week smile. I went to the back room and grabbed my duffle bag from under the  bench while Trevor was locking up. Clair walked in as I was putting on my shirt I had before.

"Oh my, Lucy wha-" She saw my forever bruise that permanently scarred my body. She was lost for words

"Part of My past." Was all I said. She nodded her head. We walked out of the shack and to a nice looking car. I don't know what it was because I never really new brands or types. Trevor put my bag in the trunk and we headed off. About 15 minutes later we arrived at a beautiful cabin looking home. It had a huge deck and beautifully polished furniture.

"Welcome home" Clair said touching my sholder. I was in awe at the home.

"Well don't just stand there come on in" I grabbed my bag and walked in the home. The inside was cool and wood. It had a comfortable feeling in it. A feeling I haven't felt and forgotten how.

"It's beautiful" I said admiring the kitchen made of dark wood.

"I'm glad you like it honey. Now come on I'll show you to your room." Clair grabbed my hand and showed me to the guest room. It was just a beautiful A king sized bed was right in the middled a night stand to the right with a huge dresser to the left. Then there was the walk in closet.

"Wow I can fit all I have in just one of those drawers" I laughed. Clair looked at me.

"Well when we have time I am taking you shopping" I cringed at the word. I only go 'shopping' if I really needed something. We walked out of  the closet.

"And here we have the bathroom" The bathroom was marble and beautiful. Tears formed in my eyes again. I turned to look at her and threw my arms around her neck and cried.

"Thank you, thank you so much for taking me in. I can never know how to repay you."

Clair patted and rubbed my back. "We are more than happy to help. And its going to be okay. We're here for you." When I heard her say this I doubled up in crying. Trevor walked in and smiled.

"Clair is right. Like I said. I barely met you this morning but I know I can trust you. You have a past I can see it in your eyes Lucy. That was one of the main reasons I hired you. We want to help you get through it. In time you can tell us, but I know you need that time to get your own life together."

I unhooked myself from Clair and walked over to Trevor and hugged him tightly.

"In time" I breathed. Trevor tightened his grip.

"Now Its getting late. This is your home now" Clair gave me one last hug and then left with Trevor. I walked over to the bed and laid down taking in what just happened. A huge part of me wanted to say YES! This is a new start and I can trust these people. But my demons were always on my shoulders. I closed my eyes and drifted into another night.

A/N: Hey everyone I would like to say thank you for reading this and I'll do my best to make sure it won't suck. :D