First Day of School

Lucy

The next few weeks were uneventful. Gabe and I have been getting closer and closer. I still haven't told him about my past. I don't want to. There is always the what if's. What if he pities me, what if he thinks I am a loser, what if he doesn't think I am strong, there is always the what if's that leave me keeping my mouth up from telling him. Brian came to visit a few times to really make sure that I will go through with the trail. I changed my last name to Owens as planned so my parents wont be able to find me as we wait for the court date. Meanwhile I have been helping Clair and Trevor with their wedding. I was so excited. Clair even made me the maid of honor. We had a little argument at that because she could of chosen someone so much better than me. Oh and I am finally signed up for school in fact today is the first day and I am a bit nervous. I never been able to fit in a lot of places and school is one of those places. I was getting ready in my room while waiting for Gabe to come and pick me up. He was driving me and Max to school.

"You almost ready" Clair called from the kitchen. I grabbed my bag with all my school things checking if I needed anything else.

"Yeah!" I called back and walked out of my room. Clair put down a plate of waffles with yogurt and some fruit. I looked at her and smiled.

"Had a feeling you would like this" She smirked.

"You know its my favorite" I laughed. Trevor walked in yawning. He looked at us and smiled.

"Whats tickled you too?"

"Nothing we both said at the same time making us both laugh" Trevor smirked and poured himself a cup of coffee, I scrunched my face.

"I still don't see how someone can like coffee, its gross"

"Well some people find it relaxing and delicious." Trevor said sitting down.

"Mhm" I said taking a bite out of my waffle.

"Oh boy what am I going to do with out you Lucy. I have no one to take over the shack" He pouted. I laughed and shook my head.

"Oh don't guilt trip me. You know that Gabe is taking over for me."

"True" There was a honk outside.

"Looks like your ride is here missy. Clair said taking my plate and kissing my cheek as I grabbed my school bag. I walked around the table and kissed Trevor on the cheek.

"See you guys after school" I said heading to the door.

"See ya" They replied back. I opened the front door to see Max standing in a really cute outfit.

"Hey girlie" She giggle.

"Hey" We walked off the porch and too the car where Leslie was sitting in the back listenin to her ipod and Gabe was in the drivers seat. he gave me a huge smile as I climbed into the front seat.

"Hey beautiful" He leaned over and kissed me. I blushed at his comment. I still get embarrased because I don't see how I am pretty but I love it and it makes my tummy do flips.

"Hey yourself"I smiled and we were off to school. Nerves were getting the best of me as we pulled up to Beach View High. My chest was pounding and my palms were sweaty. I bounced my leg up and down in the car and biting on my lip.

"Babe we're hear." Gabe snapped me out of my panic daze.

"Oh um sorry" I stuttered. I went to move out of the car. He caught my wrist I quickly looked at him. He smiled at me and pulled me to him.

"You'll do great Lucy. I know you will and if they have a problem then you tell me and I'll handle it." He brought his lips to mine. This calmed me down enough to at least walk through the doors. I hadn't realized I was on his lap no the driver seat. How I fit is beyond me but I wasn't complaining. Our kissed deepened and our tongues were dancing in perfect sync. Someone knocked on the window causing us to spring apart. We looked up and saw Leslie and Max laughing and making kissy faces. My face went a dark shade of red as Gabe glared at them. I opened the door and stepped out off of Gabe's lap. A few people stopped and looked but went back to what they were doing.