Chapter 1

She stood calmly watching the business transaction take place in front of her, she had managed to wiggle her deal in without any problems. The man she dealt with was cruel, but it helped that his son would do anything to marry her so he was flexible with her. She let a sly smirk appear on her lips, watching him with knowing eyes as he handed her partner the cash.
"We will set up the date" his voice was deep, matching his intimidating air. He was tall, and in shape for an older man, with salt and pepper hair and a small mustache he watched her from the brim of his black framed glasses. She smiled in agreement, the date that his son would be able to take her one a date and woo her. She didn't care, if it made the business transactions easier she would go on dates. It wasn't like she had to marry him.
"I look forward to it" She popped the lollipop from her mouth, her thick Russian accent giving away her ethnicity. She gives him a sarcastic nod before turning back around to her partner.
"Isn't he a peach" Sarah rolls her eyes, she didn't care much for people who added romance into the business. While Sarah hated romance in the business she still read romance books, they were her addiction, She was always bugging Iris to read the books she had. Iris would roll her eyes and tell her that a perfect romance wasn't real, it wasn't possible.
"I can't believe you have to go on a date with his gross son, Jeremy is always trying to grope you!" Sarah hissed, she ran her fingers through her mid length raven hair with a scowl on her pretty tattoo less face.
"It beats having to beat the old man down for the price that is needed" Iris shrugs, they were total opposites. Sarah believed in love, she was tall and lean with no tattoo's and only a few piercings. She was the negotiator, the innocent looking one that made people feel safe. Iris was the dirty part of the business, with tattoo's covering her body and piercings on almost every place available she made sure that no one ever thought less of her. Her purple red hair was tied in a messy bun, a cold expression on her features. She was only ever nice to Sarah, everyone else she would flip off with a bored expression before words even fell from their lips.
"Yeah but it's just going to ruin you when you find your true love" she pouts, Iris scoffed.
"True love is loshad' der'mo" she spat out vulgar language like it was a sport, she enjoyed seeing people cringe at her language. Iris always felt that regular words didn't get her point across, unless she was cursing it was never enough.
"Oh please," Sarah waved her language off, used to her words, she went to her desk flipping through paperwork. Her eyes never leaving the paper as her fingers danced around on the keyboard.
"glupyy mal'chik" Iris hissed wanting to break her phone in two, foolish boy, that's exactly how you would see Jeremy. A lanky rich kid who assumed everyone should fall at his feet, she held her temper well with him. It surprised Sarah to say the least, he would message Iris often trying to throw money at her. He liked how dangerous she seemed and wanted her to himself.
"I'm sorry what was that? I don't speak angry Russian" Sarah teased her, shooting her an exasperated look.
"Foolish boy is what I called the scrawny ox, and I said true love was horse shit" she spoke in English, her words coming out heavy and deep. Sarah laughed at her friends attempt to speak English, she enjoyed the harsh Russian accent that fell from the small woman's lips.
"Don't you have anything better to do?" She types at her keyboard, eyes never leaving her work.
"I guess," Iris shrugged, she could go and beat down the new fresh meat that decided to join them, "I could train the yebut muly you hired" she cracked the lollipop between her teeth, the crack echoing throughout the room.
"Do I need to get myself a Russian to English dictionary?" Sarah glances at her with an eyebrow raised and a frown touching her delicate lips.
"Not unless you want to hear me curse more" She replied getting to her feet with her usual scowl plastered to her face. Sarah shook her head in defeat.
"You do realize he's going to contact you today for a date that he already had planned" Sarah stopped typing, her fingers clasping together to hold her chin up as she directs an inquiring look to her harsh friend.
"If we did not need this idiotic deal I would have said no!" She snaps, her teeth bared. Sarah laughs, unfazed by her dangerous act. She knew for a fact that Iris could rip her to shreds without breaking a sweat but they needed each other.
"Fine Fine" Sarah waved her off going back to her work, with a huff Iris walked from the door.