Friendship? - Chapter 16

Ah...I love you bebes XD comment are great but you'll see it all unravel soon enough <3 and since you are all amazing and lifting my spirits here is a new chapter!!

(Y/N) POV

Prince Kij looked at me and sighed slightly "I'm quite sorry about this, I didn't know that he had this up his sleeve, or that you were going to say yes..." He admitted.

I smiled slightly at him. "It's alright" I murmured quietly and almost shyly. "I just wanted to finish some business before I agreed to anything" I looked at him showing no sign of emotion really. As I looked I did realize that he was attractive...just...not the one for me.

He looked at me almost differently "oh... Well you seem pretty calm about this..." He said sighing.

"To be honest I'm freaking out on the inside" I laughed good-naturedly and smiled, feeling a bit more at ease.

"oh...I see... Do you have any regrets?" He asked looking a bit sad.

I looked at him and bit my lip a little. 'Well that was a mood dropper' "Yeah but they don't matter anymore" I sighed a bit and looked him in the eyes.

"I know you don't love me, and that's fine, I like someone else..." He said looking to the side almost in a dramatic setting that you would have read in a romance novel. Making me smile slightly.

"Really?" I asked curiously and I kind of lightened up a bit. "Will you tell me who?" I asked sitting down nearer to him.

He sighed "it doesn't matter anymore, but I guess I can tell you, she is a commoner, she had hair like gold and she is beautiful and warm..." He said kinda off in his own thoughts, he looked at me now "who do you like? I know you have someone"

I blushed slightly. "Well I like my fox friend" I admitted but I didn't really want to explain or talk about it so I pestered him with more questions. "And how come she doesn't matter anymore? She sounds lovely!" I hummed, patting the ground beside me in a gesture for him to sit even closer.

He looked at me "ah, a servant and the master eh?" He commented as he shimmied over and sat closer, "and it doesn't matter because I'm marrying you, I won't be able to sneak out to see her" he said looking kinda glum.

"I don't mind inviting her over for tea" I said with a smile and looked at him. "We could become close friends" I nodded more to myself then to him. "As long as I get to keep my fox friend around" I added.

He smiled gently "sure, I don't mind that... " he said smiling at me just as the king came back, "ah, it's so good to see you to are getting along, come with me Kij, you will not see her until the wedding " he said walking away, Kij looked at me "I'll see you later" he said standing up and leaving.

I nodded and waved. 'Until the wedding...' I thought with a small sigh. Moving a bit I managed to lay on the floor. "Kazuki" I called in a slight whine. Looking at the ceiling.

Toma appeared to me instead, "yes miss?" He asked looking at me. I wasn't too surprised when I heard Toma instead of Tomoe but I wasn't too pleased about it. "Where is he?" I asked not moving from her spot. My eyes closed slowly and I breathed heavily.

Toma sighed and he looked kinda sad, "well... He.... He's not available at this moment...."

"What did he do?" I asked sternly. Moving my hand to my head to cool it and relax. Still lying on the ground with my eyes closed though.

Toma looked at me and then looked away hesitantly. "oh.... Um.... He told me not to say anything...." He said with his ears down.

"Say it" I said opening my eyes to look at him. "I won't get mad I just want to know, I do worry" I answered honestly before closing my eyes again.

Toma sighed and sat down "well he is super depressed, and he didn't say anything but a few instructions for me, I haven't seen him since...."

"Figures" I murmured moving my hand back to my side. I took a deep breath. "Well I don't know what to say" I murmured quietly.

Toma looked at me, "maybe you should get some rest m'lady... You look like you need it" he finally admitted looking at me.

"It's not rest that I need" I grumbled a little and sat up and looked at him. "Can you take me back to the inn?" I asked.

He looked at me as if startled that I actually got up "yes miss, of course, what is it that you really need?" He asked looking out of the main hall.

I stood up and looked at him. "It's nothing don't worry about it" I said with a small smile. I needed to grab something from my room. Hoping it will calm me down and make me think...