Chapter 8

"Lunch is ready!" My mom yells upstairs to us.

"Yay, the first time Nagely is eating out of her room." Kevin raises my arms up and down as we go downstairs. My mom made delicious pasta for lunch. I sit between Kevin and Momma Deb.

"So Nagely, how have you been?" She raises her eyebrows and glances at Kevin who's focused on serving himself.

"Ok, I guess." I have a small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

The whole time Momma Deb mainly talked to me and kept hinting towards Kevin. It was funny because Kevin didn't seem to notice her obvious gestures.

"Well I'm off to visit Erika and Aiden, but I'll be sure to visit soon, Nag." Momma Deb hugs me and kisses me on the cheek.

"Bye, Momma Deb." I kiss her back. She does the same to the boys and my mom. My mom walks her outside and closes the door behind her.

"Upstairs we go." Kevin leads me to my room. He opens the curtains then turns on the TV. "What do you want to watch Queen Nagely?"

"Queen?"

"Fine, princess."

"Just Nagely. I don't mind, you guys can pick." I shrug.

"Yo Daniella, what shows do girls like?" Kevin says. Daniel throws a pillow at him.

"I wouldn't know because I'm not a girl." He goes back to using his phone.

"Ok but for real." Kevin goes to guide.

"I don't know, ask Devin."

"Devin?" Kevin throws another pillow at Devin.

"What?" He looks up annoyed.

"What shows do girls like to watch?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" He concentrates on whatever game he's playing on his phone. "Sometimes Lexi watches Pretty Little Liars." Kevin goes to On Demand and puts the show on.

"Season one, episode one." Kevin sits next to me on my bed.

• • • • • 10 hours later

We've been watching this show non-stop, well except when we went to get snacks, but besides that, we've been in my room. Daniel and Devin actually stopped using their phones to watch the show. Whoever Lexi is, she has some really good taste in shows.

"Aye, put the next episode!" Daniel yells at Devin.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Devin quickly clicks buttons then the next episode starts. I think this is our eleventh episode. This show has got us hooked.

You all are still watching this show?" My mom walks in. We all nod, not taking our eyes off the screen for a second. "Well, as long as you're bonding." She yawns as she closes the door.

"I gotta use the bathroom." Devin says.

"Me too." I say.

"Bathroom break?" Kevin suggests. Everyone nods and goes to use the bathroom. Kevin and Daniel go downstairs and Devin waits for me to finish. While Devin is going I decide to get some pajamas to change into.

~~~~~~~~~~

"We were about to start this without you, took so long." Kevin sits under the covers.

"I thought this show was for girls."

"Did I say that? I meant boys and girls, you probably heard wrong." He plays the show.

"This is the last episode cause we watched half the season, and I'm tryna catch up on Empire." Devin says.

• • • • • 1 hour later

"What time is it?" I yawn and ask.

"Three sixteen." Daniel stretches.

"Damn. I can't even watch Empire. I'm too tired." Devin runs a hand through his hair.

"Yea, I'm boutta knock." Kevin lays down.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are the boys?" I ask my mom.

"They're in the basement, they were waiting for you to wake up." I go downstairs to see them playing on an XBOX. Devin probably got it from his house.

"Good morning, beautiful." Kevin smiles at me. I awkwardly smile and wave at them. I sit on the couch next to Daniel and he automatically leans over and rests his elbow on my thigh.

"Kobe!" He yells when he makes a shot. I swear he's always yelling for no reason.

"Nah man, this game cheats. I blocked your shot." Devin fixes his hat.

"How'd you sleep?" Kevin asks.

"Good until I woke up to someone touching my hair again." He laughs.

"Nag, Shari's here!" My mom yells down.

"What? You just got here." Kevin whines.

"Nooo, my elbow rest." Daniel says then laughs.

"Bye Nagely." Devin says. I kiss my mom bye and head outside to Shari's car.

"Hey, Nag, ready to go?" She starts the car and I nod. "So, you and Kev?" She raises her eyebrows.

"What about him?" I smile at the window.

"You know, any flirting going on?" She quickly glances at me then back at the road.

"I don't know. I don't think so at least."

"He likes you." She turns left.

"How would you know?"

"First, I just know because I'm Shari and Shari knows everything," She flips her hair even though it's in a bun. "second, last night he called and asked for advice on what girls like in a guy because he thinks he has a crush on you." She giggles.

"Really? But we barely talk, he does most of the talking anyway, and we don't even know each other like that."

"He's always had a crush on you." She turns right. "What makes you think he'd stop now?"

"Isn't he famous now? There are so many other girls he could go for. He has countless options."

"Kev isn't like that. He'd rather stick with what he already knows."

"Well, either way, I don't think I'll be dating anytime soon." I stare out the window again.

"Oh, that's too bad." She sighs.

~~~~~~~~~~

We went to Forever 21, this used to be my favorite store to go to. Shari bought me a bunch of clothes. She said later we're gonna go through my closet and see what to keep or throw for more room for more clothes. I came out the dressing room with a dress she picked out for me but she wasn't there.

"Nagely?" I turn around to the sound of my name. "Nagely, it's you."