Chapter 11

Three weeks. It's been three weeks since I didn't kiss Kevin. I didn't tell my mom of course. She'd tell him that I've been thinking about it. I wish I could of kissed him but Brandon.....Ugh! Why can't I just forget about him already? It's been three months! Why am I not over this yet?

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Come in!" My mom comes in.

"Hey, Nag." She sits on my bed. "You haven't really been doing anything since they left." She hints.

"I just don't feel like it." I shrug.

"Alexis and Marie wanted to hang out with you today. They're waiting downstairs."

"Ok, I'll go." I go downstairs and see them on the couch waiting for me.

"Hi, Nagely." They hug me and I hug back.

"You ok?" Marie asks. After a few seconds, I shake my head no and they sit down with me.

"I feel like Kevin hates me, I really do." I try not to cry.

"What? Kevin? He could never hate you. Why would he?" Alexis says.

"Because.....because when he left, and another time before that, he's tried to kiss me and I dubbed him."

"Really?" Marie says.

"Well now that I've said it aloud it sounds stupid but I've really felt bad about it. After all the times he's helped with my...Rebound Issues...I couldn't just kiss him. He's literally done nothing wrong and I couldn't just kiss him. I feel pathetic." I bury my face in my hands.

"Nagely, obviously he'd understand. He knows what you've been through and he understands that you're still a little broken. Nothing a little time can fix." Alexis playfully elbows me in the arm.

"Come on Nagely, you know he's understanding. You should call him, he's probably dying to hear from you." Marie raises her eyebrows.

"Actually I should call him," My mood goes up. "but not right now."

"What? Why?"

"I'm too scared to." They give me the 'really' face.

"What is there to be afraid of?" Marie asks again.

"I don't know. What if he doesn't answer?"

"Ok, you're being really pathetic right now. Just call the boy. Where's your phone anyway?"

"I haven't used that thing in ages. It's in some abandoned corner in my room." I shrug.

"Alexis, you've been texting Daniel this whole time. Make yourself useful and help look for Nagely's phone." We all go upstairs.

• • • • • 27 minutes later

"Found it!" Alexis holds it up. She puts it on her charger and we collapse on the bed. "That was some hardcore searching."

"Right, but it's on trusty Turbo Tina so it'll charge in a bit."

"You named the charger?" I ask Marie.

"Yeah, Turbo Tina, of course I named it." She scoffs.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's start this Facetime." She puts my phone on a stand and we all sit on my bed.

"Do I really have to do this, right now?"

"Absolutely." She turns to Alexis. "Back at it again with the texting I see."

"Duh, and he's on." I turn to the screen and all I see is a pair of eyes and a noodlehead.

"Say hi." Marie whispers.

"Hey, Kevin." I awkwardly wave.

"Hi, Nagely!" He immediately perks up with a huge smile. Then he calms down a bit. "So, how've you been?"

"Good. You?"

"Good." We sit there silently.

"We're gonna give you guys your privacy." She winks at me before dragging Alexis out who was distracted texting Daniel again.

"I'm sorry." He sighs.

"For what?"

"For trying to kiss you, and flirting, and pulling moves, and I should have realized that you were still a little hurt and I was making you uncomfortable." I just stare at him in shock. "See you're not even saying anything anymore. I bet you hate me. I'm so stupid sometimes, a lot of times actually. You probably think I'm some pedophile-" I interrupt him by laughing.

"You do know you have to be a lot older than me to even be a pedophile, right? Kevin, I don't hate you and I'm not mad."

"Then why didn't you keep up with those Facetimes?" He tries to ask seriously but I ccan'thelp but laugh again.

"In all honestly I was scared. I don't know. I had no reason to. Obviously, you wouldn't be mad at me for not kissing you. Maybe it was the guilt for rejecting you over and over and over again." I start blabbering on. "Even though you were nothing but sweet, and caring, and understanding, and everything but anything bad. I just couldn't stop thinking about Brandon but that's not fair to you at all because you're no where near Brandon. You're the complete opposite, Kevin, and I just...I haven't missed someone in a long time besides Brandon, and Kevin, I miss you." He stares at me with an unreadable expression. "Sorry I-"

"No, don't be sorry. Don't be sorry at all. Wow, that's the most honest you've been with me, like ever." He grins. "I really missed you a lot. Don't feel bad either because I don't want you to feel bad. I don't even know what to say."

"Is The KevieKev blushing?" Daniel says from out the screen. Now that I look, his cheeks get even redder and I can easily notice it.

"Can you stop yelling and go back to texting?" Kevin rolls his eyes.

"Awwww Kev!" Devin says in a girly voice.

"See what I have to be with for another month." He shakes his head.

"It'll be fine because I'll make sure to be extra punctual with those facetimes for another month." We smile at each other.