Chapter 1

Y/N's P.O.V.

I watched as the moving guys put the last of my overflowed boxes into my new house. I had enrolled in UCLA but I wasn't sure about getting a dorm so I bought a place near campus.

Two years ago I graduated from Miami High but I decided to wait a two years before applying for college. My mom, Ashley Jones, is a very famous lawyer and she has been taking care of me every since my dad and her split.

My dad argued that he didn't want to leave my siblings Jason and Courtney so he took them with him. He never did really care about me I guess. He gave Jason and Courtney the most attention and he never told me why, I've always loved him but I always just wanted to know why he didn't love me.

I took off my Ray-Bans as I walked up the steps of my new place. I entered and briefly looked around, it was fairly big house, I would have to call my mother later on and thank her.

I was walking around my house when I heard someone downstairs, it sounded like a female. I went to go see who it was. She was beautiful, the sun from the window reflected beautifully off of her skin, she wore light blue jeans that showed off her curves perfectly with a regular black tee that rose a bit to show her stomach.

"Uhm, Hi? Don't you know that you're trespassing," I said pointing to the door as I finished walking down the last few steps, a faint blush crept upon her cheeks.

"Hi, yeah I'm sorry about that, I just noticed that you just moved in and I was wondering if you would like help unpacking all of these boxes? My boyfriend Brandon and I could help if you'd like. I'm Normani Kordei by the way." She smiled, I smiled back at her and not being able to decline the offer I said yes.

"Sure, that would help like a lot." I said as I motioned around to all the boxes scattered around in the room we were in. She chuckled a bit before speaking up.

"Alright I'll go get Brandon so we can start, it'll be best to at least get some of this stuff up right?"

"Right, and hey knock next time." I sent her a wink, she blushed some more and then turned to walk away. I watched as she swayed her hips from side, my eyes lingered a little longer than they should have. Y/N, she has a boyfriend stop.

I sighed as I took off my jacket and sat it on one of the hooks that was on the door and started unpacking. I was looking through some family photos and I came across this one where it's just me and my mom.

I got chills as I could remember this was one month after the messy divorce and we decided that we needed to go out and do something positive.

Flashback:

"Y/N!" I heard my mom call out. I got up to go see what she wants.

"Yeah mom" I said as I entered the kitchen.

"Would you like to go on a trip, to anywhere you'd like?" Now I knew that deep down inside that my mom was still upset about the divorce, its only been one month and all she's done is cry. I've been there to comfort her but sometimes she kicks me out of her room and says she's fine. Maybe this trip could be good for us.

"Yeah, sure mom that would be cool, do you have any ideas on where we should go? I don't really have any suggestions at the moment." I said not really knowing where I would want to go at the age of 16. I just wanted my mom to be happy again and to get over my asshole of a father.

"Well, I've been thinking about Canada. I've always wanted to get away from all this warm weather and experience something new." She said and I totally agreed with her.

"Okay, I'm totally with you on this one, when do you plan on going?"

"How about this weekend? We'll stay for about a week."