Chapter 2

Normani's P.O.V

The following day Brandon woke me up early in the morning and I have no idea why but he said he was going to take me somewhere, and he doesn't take no for an answer. Once we were ready to go we headed out to the car. I noticed Y/N was up taking out some boxes that were empty. I watched as his muscles flexed through his shirt. We made eye contact and I waved, he smiled and waved back once he set the box down. I wanted to go over and talk but Brandon was already starting the car.

"You ready to go?" He asked from the drivers seat. I sighed, I really didn't want to go out today.

"Um, yeah let's go." I said getting in the passengers seat. Y/N waved one last time and so did I before Brandon pulled off, I don't even know where he's taking me. He never told me that he was going to take me out today or ever. As far as I knew he would always go out with his friends or stay home. Over these last few months we've grown apart and I find it strange that he wants to take me on a date now.

Once upon a time Brandon and I used to be deeply in love with one another but then, I don't know, he just changed. The guys he hangs out with are jerks and complete fuck boys, they always try to flirt with me even when we are there on front of Brandon. He doesn't do anything about it he just laughs, so whenever they come over I go into our room. I'll just go on tumblr or read while listening to music. I feel like the end of our relationship is coming but I don't know.

"We're here," Brandon said breaking me out of my trance. We were in front of a bowling alley? I don't really enjoy bowling but okay. Let me just pretend to be happy so he doesn't suspect anything.

"Awww babe you brought me to a bowling alley, that's so cute," I said faking a smile, I could see him blush a little.

"Yeah, I wanted to take you out for once, its been..a while." Well he's not wrong about that.

"I know right, I miss our little dates." Not really.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Eh.

"Come on," He said getting out of the car, I followed after him into the building. Once we were inside we went to the front desk to get our shoes and an alley to bowl at. We sat down at a table, the menu wasn't that big but they had pizza, I told Brandon what I wanted and he went to order. He was taking a really long time so I was on my phone until he came back.

A familiar voice made me look up, I searched around until I found the person that it belonged to. We made eye contact for a while before he said something to another very good looking guy and began to walk over with him.

"Hey Normani," he smiled. I smiled right back at him.

"Hey Y/N, what's up?" I asked. I glanced at the boy beside him and he smiled politely.

"I'm here with my friend." The boy next to him coughed a bit loudly and he chuckled.

"My best friend, Justin," he said emphasizing the 'best' part. The guy that I now know as Justin stuck his hand out for me to shake. I shook it gently, he then took my hand and kissed it softly. I blushed slightly, Y/N slightly pushed the blonde boy.

"Dude, chill she has a boyfriend." Y/N said, he sounded kind of jealous.

"I'm just being the gentleman that I am." He said.

"Sure, fuck boy," Y/N said making me and Justin laugh. From the corner of my eye I could see Shawn approaching us.

"Honestly, its no problem." I said giggling. Brandon had finally reached us.

"Hey Y/N," he said dryly as if he didn't want to see him.

"Hey Brandon," he replied with the same amount of enthusiasm. There was an awkward silence after that.