9: Moths to a Flare

New cover made by wild_and_deadly, thank you so much! I'm sorry it took so long to update, this wasn't a very good week for me.
(22/07/16 - 27/07/16)

_--_--_--_--_

We turn around to see the sharp teenage girl that reminded me of Apollo.

She had curly brown hair and silver eyes that reminded me of the moon. She had the same sharp nose as Apollo and the same lanky build as him.

"Who are you, gorgeous." Jason smirked. Dear God, (or gods?) we have a potential stalker that followed us for a mile in foot into a deserted swamp and he was flirting with her!

She rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I'm doing this. I hate men."

Jason's jaw dropped to the floor. It was the first time ever that a girl rejected him, player extraordinaire.

She scoffed at his expression, "Typical child of Aphrodite. Thinks he's so high and mighty but then can't handle rejection."

My eyes widened. "Child of who!?"

She looked back and forth from a nervous looking Jason to a pissed off me.

"Ah... So you didn't tell the Dragonslayer who you are, Cursebreaker?" she tsked at him.

Jason gulped. She looked at him once more. "Well it isn't my place to tell him. And by the looks of it, Mariana didn't tell him the whole truth."

Who is Mariana?

She looked back to me. "Come Dragonslayer, let me help you unlike my brother and that lying woman. You see, I would not normally help men," She sneered. "But the fate of the universe lies in your hands. And of course, the Cursebreaker's. I refuse to be like the other gods and spin doctor things to go the way I want. Like I said, there are more important things to worry about"

Would not normally help men... My brother... Artemis. She was Artemis!

She lead us towards the rock stack. "Oh, I forgot. Don't call me Diana. I hate my Roman form."

Jason let out a shaky laugh. I honestly had no idea what happened between them.

"Cursebreaker... You said you felt a pull here. And I'm guessing you isn't just pick Dragonslayer to come with you. You felt a pull towards him too, no?"

I looked a Jason. His eyes widened. "Jay? Is it true?"

He gulped again and nodded.

Artemis smirked. "Dragonslayer. Hand him the first part of your, " eye roll, "prophecy."

"Open it when the time is right." Mary's voice rang through my head.

"Hand it to Cursebreaker. He will tell you if, I quote, 'the time is right'." I reached into my pocket but stopped.

"First, you tell us why Jason was drawn here."

Her eyes visibly darkened in fury. She reached for her back as if she was going to draw something being held there but stopped. "Fine. Well played." She sighed.

"Notice how each of the rocks in the stack is larger than the one under it. It's for balance. If I were to take the top one off, it wouldn't affect the pile. But if I were to take the bottom one or one of rocks in between, it would topple over. One of the ways the universe can self destruct.

Each rock stands for, or represents, something in the universe. The top one is animals and humans. If I took humans and animals off, there would still be the world. But if I took the one underneath off, plants, without taking beings off first, he planet would die. The same goes for all the other rocks.

There is living beings, plants, elements, Earth, Gods and deities, and... you two."

Jason bursts out laughing. "Us two? C'mon, anyone knows that before anything in the universe is good and evil not Jason and Alex."

"Hey! Why am I the evil one and you the good one?" I ask in frustration.

"Because of you ancestors Dragonslayer. He is directly related to the gods that have caused no trouble. You are directly related to trouble." Artemis smirks.

"Anyways, what do we have to do with this? One again, why was Jay attracted here? Is this some giant glare and he's secretly part moth?" I threw my hands up in the air.

"Dude! Not funny!" I ignored him.

Artemis scowled. "Mariana and Apollo have truly been keeping things for you." She sighed, "The time is right Dragonslayer. To receive the Prophecy of the Blood of the Beast, your prophecy, you must first finish and start the Legacy of Good and Evil. Trust me."

She held out her hand. "Now give me the paper the Oracle gave you."