Chapter 10: Rescue

I was on the way back to the house when a gloved hand grabbed me and pulled me into an alley.

"Shh. Be quiet. I'm trying to protect you." The masked man whispered.

It was a trooper. One of them that betrayed the Jedi years ago.

I still struggled, trying to pull out my light saber and get free, as he pulled me into the shadows.

"Just be quiet. Look." He said, holding a firm grip with one hand while taking off his mask with another.

He looked exactly the same as the other, but with more wounds, and a tattoo of a star on his forehead that looked so familiar for some reason.

Then he silently pointed to where the entrance of the alley was. Another pair of troopers with guns were looking around. Then walked off.

The clone that grabbed me sighed in relief.

I ripped his hand off of my mouth and reached for my lightsaber, only to realize that I left it at Vulkri's .

"What do you mean you're trying to protect me? You and the others killed all of them!"

"I didn't. I tried to protect them. I honestly did." He pointed to his cheek where there were several scars that looked several years old. "I gained these the day that Climber and the Ion Team, which I was on, decided to protect the Jedi that was with us. We did not receive order 66 until later. And we refused it. Though it's been programmed in our mind, we could fight it. Because we removed the chip."

"Which master was it?"

"Master Shryne. Roan Shryne. He and I separated after a while."

I recognized Master Shryne's title, and could picture him. I relaxed myself a bit.

"Then why did you take me here?"

"To protect you from the troops that were out there. You're wearing your Jedi cloak. I'm surprised you didn't bring out your lightsaber."

"What if this cloak isn't mine? What if I stole it from a Jedi? And what if he still had the saber?" I asked, knowing that there was no way else he could know.

"Oh you're a jedi. Close to being a master anyways. A knight. I felt the force, and you're a strong one. A Jedi  taught me a bit on how to sense them. And those storm troopers? Vader probably felt it and sent them. And on top of that, you got a nasty wound on your shoulder, which I reckon is an old separatist droid blast, where one escaped and sent a signal, thinking that the Separatist war is still going."

I swore. This wasn't good at all.

"I have a feeling that you have a master here?"

I nodded.

"We should hurry and get them."
"No, they would refuse to leave. And if Vader knew that they were still alive..."

"It's Obi Wan isn't it?"

" No."

"Come on. Let's go get your lightsaber." He got up and put back on his helmet.

I grabbed his arm. "Why are you helping me? I don't even know your name!"

"It's my duty. And my name is Wen."
I let go, and froze. "Wen. Ion Team. You were there!!"

"Where?" He asked confused.

"On Swoth! My first mission."

"You're Aslan's padawan." He realized. "We'll talk about this later. We better hurry."

Running towards the house, he stopped me.

" It's going to have to be a quick run in and out. Look." He pointed to storm Troopers that were driving.