Chapter Sixty-Three: A Planet Captive

Aslan and I raced down the destroyed stone paths with Z attacking some stormtroopers to get some people away, rubble flying everywhere from explosions and the fires from after. Aslan scooped up two little kids who were frozen in their tracks and rolled out of the way before a blast could hit them as Stormtroopers began landing.

The two of us Jedi dived behind a bush as a bundle of them came our way, as I needed to bandage up a wound that my former master had sustained from a piece of shrapnel to the calf.

"There are more than before. Hundreds more. And the people are still exhausted." He peered out, wincing as I was being as gentle as I could and remove the sharp pieces of rock with the force.

"A small group of people did something before, and that little girl with fluffy hair... Awaka, told me and Z to shut our eyes. Then there were ashes around us. What was that? Can they do that again?" I asked, wrapping the wound up as Z raced behind the bushes with us.

"No. They need more time to rest. And with there having been so many to do it, the only ones who can do it still and have that much power are the ones who barely have reached of age and did not do so."

"What was what?" Z asked confused, holding his blaster ready, and his lightsaber off in his other hand.

"The power of the Star Phantoms. They call it a Plasma Blast, and when multiple are used at once, or one with raw potential is used, they call it a Nova Explosion. The one who releases the power chooses a target, and it turns the target to ashes if it reaches it. If they are not targeted and they are in the path of it, it could permanently blind them, and sometimes give third-degree burns."

Z winced, "That sounds nasty."

Monjarby nodded as I was tightening the bandages. "Oh, it is. But since most of the people used it for the first attack, it will take weeks for them to recover."

"So now what?"

"You there! Halt!" A squad of troopers saw us.

"Guys! Company!" Z shouted, and powered on his lightsaber, blocking the stun circle blasts.

I helped Monjarby up and gave him his saber, then assisted Z. "We gotta get out of here. It is not safe."

Monjarby did not say a word as he limped over to a porthole cover. He lifted it up and floated it just high enough over our heads, before yanking the two of us back with the force and into it. "Go north!" He ordered, "Then left when you hit the dead end. There will be a ladder, I'll see you soon!" He shut the hole as the stormtroopers fired and he raced for it, blocking the hits.

Z held his head as the stomping of the boots faded, and the sounds of the ship's attacks dimmed. "So I guess we follow his instructions." He sighed, worried for the man.

"He will be alright. He always would be." I smiled at the pothole cover, knowing that the Jedi that took me in as a student would escape and stay safe. I started walking down the sewer line, before seeing a light coming out of a tunnel.

Z and I quickly moved against the wall, ready to attack whoever was coming with the torch.

We screamed a war cry and went to attack whoever was coming, but came face to face with an older man who was leading Anoles and Wen. The three of them blinked bewildered.

The man had two faded cartoony wing tattoos on the temples of his foreheads, and I realized it was one of the few people I have yet to see that I had missed.

"WIVERN!" I tackled him in a hug.

"Hey Mi. It's about time." He chuckled and handed the torch to Wen before hugging me. "Guess we kept missing each other."

"Guess we did." I smiled.
"Hey, you two ok?" Anoles asked concerned, going into mother hen mode as she checked Z for wounds first.

"We are fine. Aslan got us into here and told us to head North then left."
"We are heading in the same way, the castle." Wen waved the torch in the direction, unaware it was actually South, before Anoles fixed it so it was pointing North. "Whoops." He chuckled.

"And that is why you don't fly the ship." She sighed.

We heard an uneven patterning sound of footsteps and looked down the hall to see Prosh, Jaa's guard, holding his chest with one arm, half running as he was bleeding out. "Prosh!" Wivern raced over and caught the hot pink haired and eyed man before he collapsed onto the dirt and dust covered gutter.

"W-where is the Queen?..." Wivern asked worried, trying to stop the bleeding. "What happened?"

"T-they got her.... They are taking the people... Killing those who fight back... Affe got the senator away." He coughed weakly, as I realize this was the first time I was hearing his voice. "They shot me.... Nipped an artery."

"Come on, let's get you to an infirmary."

"N-no. If you move me, I bleed out entirely. And the troops already took over the infirmaries. There is no hope for me. Thank you, Captain..." He coughed and slowly closed his eyes, falling limp, as Wivern looked at his blood covered hands. He had lost many clone brothers in the battlefield, but this was the first time he lost a friend he had made, a student he had taught as he taught the guards the way of fighting from the outside.

Wivern shook, fire that was on the torch Wen held a dim match compared to the anger that Wivern felt.