Chapter Sixty-Two: Surprise Attack

I walked into the ballroom where waiters and maids were setting up for the feast that was planned, while I spotted a bunch of little girls and boys giggling as they brushed Gor's fur, trying to get out the mangly knots that Z and I have tried for years to get out unsuccessfully. They seemed to have an exciting conversation as they spoke in Harmonian, giggling after nearly every word. Gor looked relaxed, but bewildered, as he growled perplexed, wanting to understand what they were saying.

I chuckled softly and went over to him. "Now you understand how we felt when we met you." I gently pet his head.

"Huurh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh? Uugggh huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw uughguughhhghghghhhgh." He chortled, as I saw his sable black eyes glistening as they peered through his never trimmed fur that usually is snow white but seemed to be tinted into a white rice shade from the lights, closer to coconut shade.

"Yes, I'm ok." I smiled softly, something itching in the back of my mind. "Come on, let's get ready."

I assisted in shooing the kids away and got him a scarf like item that one of the butlers had provided for him, and assisted in having him put it over him like a sash. He choose to keep on the belt that had his grenades and other weapons on him, which I did not blame him for, keeping my lightsaber on my hip under my cloak. Safety reasons for us.

I lead him down to where we were supposed to meet the others, the carts that Jaa had provided, one for each of us, except that Greenie and Khau would ride with Anoles, knowing they'd cause too much of trouble.

"This is a little much, do you not agree, your majesty?" I asked Jaa as she came down with Achi.

"Nonsense. You all have done so much for us, for the universe." She gently took my hands into hers. "Mira, you have been a shining star in the universe when away from your home. Not only have you found your way back to us, but you have helped so many on the way of doing so. You may not have succeeded all of the time, but look." She looked over towards where Gor was greeting and hugging Wen and Anoles in a giant hug as they screamed in surprise, getting fur everywhere, while Z arrived laughing. Khau was chasing Greenie as the droid attempted to move the arm he had to grab a tool or something to throw at him.

"You have made a family, and a home with a bunch of people who have also joined the fight that was once only for the Jedi, according to what Aslan has told me. You also never gave up hope. Just as no others gave up hope in you. So, yes. You and your companions deserve something this important to recognize you." She smiled, as I noticed she had been walking me towards my cart.

I looked at it. It had my name written in Harmonian, plus the symbol of the Jedi order surrounded by one of the Rebellion, and then by green and gold. Jaa let go of my hands and went to lead the others to theirs with Achi. Aslan had one as well, set to be just behind me. His was similar to mine, with his name and the Jedi order symbol. It was surrounded by a galaxy, and it looked like he had painted his own designs on it.

"Admiring it, I see." He chuckled gently, as he walked towards me and leaned against the outside of mine. "I see you undid your braid." He motioned to it.

"I did." I nodded, gently brushing up my hand to feel it. "Cutting it off, it, did not just feel right. I understand it is Jedi tradition, but, I feel as if... " I rambled under my breath.

"I understand what you are going at." He chuckled softly, amused at how I was responding to him about it. "I believe you are right. The days of the Jedi that the two of us had grown accustomed to, where we grew up, those days are behind us. There are not many Jedi out there that are left with such knowledge that the two of us possess. Maybe a handful, if not less."

He looked up towards the horizon, where the sun was barely beginning to set, and the second of the four moons began to rise. "Everything comes to an end. Whether we want it to or not. The day ends and becomes night, planets are born and they die, just like every living life here in this universe." He bent down and picked up some loose dirt that was under our feet, and gently let it drop from his hands like an hourglass, as the wind gently blew it away from us.

"But every time, that a story ends, a new one begins." He let the last bit fall. "When the story of the Jedi ended, a new story, of the new Jedi, began." My old master looked at me with gentle, eyes, the bright blue that he had once from when I first met him seemed to have dulled a little, as his pride shined brightly in his tears that were on the brim of his eyes.

I smiled softly, feeling a bit of sorrow, as I gently took a few steps forward and hugged him tightly, burying my face into his ceremonial robes that Jaa had ordered for him after he chose to stay. He gently put a hand on my back and rubbed, closing his eyes while his shoulders relaxed, as if a burden that he had carried for over twenty years of not knowing that I was alive faded.

"Alright everyone, it is time." Jaa smiled, as I let go of my master and climbed onto the cart. I smiled softly at him.

He put one of his bare hands on my shoulder, "Remember Mira. Every story, has a new start."

I nodded and climbed onto the platform in the chariot like cart, watching Aslan walk down to his.

Facing forward, the carts began moving thanks to the lone Xex that was pulling mine.

We pulled to the front of the castle, Wen in the lead, and Anoles behind him. Harmonians were cheering as confetti and flowers were thrown into the air and rained down onto us.

I looked at it all, as the sunset created a glow through the transparent like petals creating a stained glass look on the ground and buildings around us.

Z looked back towards me, seeing the awe on my face as I kept looking up, and he gave a soft smile.

A flock of Loral Panis twittered and exploded from trees as we passed the foliage them, creating an awe-inspiring display unintentionally.

The wind suddenly picked up as we heard the familiar sounds of a series of ships entering the atmosphere, and firing upon the planet, destroying several homes nearby that was thankfully empty, all the citizens of the city at the parade.

I saw one blast coming straight towards me, as the TIE Fighters had fired upon the parade, and quickly created a shield using the force above the people that it would have hit, and grunted in pain as it sent an extraordinary amount of pressure into my arms that made me feel as if they were going to snap.

The small fighter ship that was manned by two people continued to fire, as the citizens screamed and scattered, and guards assisted in getting them away safely and orderly.

I felt my shield weaken as I lost my footing as I attempted to strengthen it, before feeling another presence put up a stronger one. I turned and looked to see Aslan assisting me, as he gave a nod towards the others. "Go! Get everyone to safety! We got it!"

Wen and Anoles nodded, racing to get people to safety as Gor raced with Greenie and Khau to the Rainstorm to fire. Z raced over and used what little he knew of the Force to assist me and Master Monjarby, as we sent the shield firing towards the ships to hope to contain some of the damage.

"Go." Aslan grunted.

"I lost you once Master. Never again." I stayed with him, protecting the people from what would surely be death by an explosion of fire.