Chapter 27: A Helping Hand

Landing in the waters of Naboo, Owec abandoned the pod, swimming up to the surface while carrying the waterproof datapad, and his lightsaber.

Looking around, he spotted some lights below the water, and dove back under, heading towards the gungan town. It was separate from the gungan city, and was cell concealed that most people wouldn't even know that they were there.

He walked into the docking bay, and started walking down the halls. Gungans moved out of the way, whispering at the foreigner that wasn't there with an army, as they expected.

Owec concealed his items in his tunic, as he walked to the shops. "I would like to purchase a house of the shore of the lake."

"Yousa has credits?" The shop owner asked.

Owec nodded and handed over a small pouch over, and the owner counted them.

"Yousa ne more."

"But I don't have more!"

"Then yousa no ne a house." The gungan shooed Owec away, who sighed and swam back up to the surface.

He laid down in the mud and looked at the stars above. "I hope any others out there are safe..." He sighed to himself before hearing a scream.

He bolted upright and ran towards where it was coming from. He stumbled and fell face first in the mud, but was instantly back of his feet, slipping through the mud as he raced in the direction.

A human was fighting a bunch of others, obviously being mugged.

"Hey!" Owec shouted, running into the crowd and protecting the man from being stolen from.

"Get out of here kid," the main robber, the obvious leader hissed.

"Then leave him alone." Owec glared.

"That was your warning. Now scram."

"No," Owec took out his saber and powered it on. "You scram."

"You think that scares me?" He laughed, "The Jedi are weak! Dead!"

"Well, you're facing a strong me."

"Boss... The announcements did say to beware the survivors..." One spoke up, before they all left, tripping over each other, as Owec powered off the lightsaber.

"Thank you young jedi. You saved me. How may I repay you?" The elderly man turned to him.

"Nothing. I'm happy to help others."

"Please, I insist. Do you need shelter? Someplace to hide?"

"If you can, yes. Anywhere near water?"

"I actually have an old boat house I have been trying to sell for quite some time now. It is yours if you want."

"Yes. Thank you." Owec smiled and nodded.

They shook hands, before the man took Owec to his new home.