Chapter Fifty-One: Home

We looked at the system, carefully avoiding asteroids as we headed towards the coordinates.

Soon a blue planet with a single giant landmass of mostly green appeared, four moons orbiting around it.

"That's the coordinates." Anoles checked. "So do you know where to land?"

I looked at it through binoculars, and saw a glittering speck of silver towards one of the borders of the land and the sea. "Head there." I showed her.

"Got it." She nodded. She slowly eased us down.

Slowly, the feeling of the Force dimmed so that it wasn't making Z shiver and the others calm, but I still felt it tingling peacefully in me.

"Mira?" Z looked at me.

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"Do you... Do you think... That this was your birthplace? That home you've always looked for? And... Do you think your Master will like me?"

"I don't know. And yes. Aslan will like you. He's a very likeable guy." I punched his arm softly.

"Ow." He joked and rubbed it. "Alright alright. So how should I introduce myself? As your friend or Padawan?"

"I suggest friend. But you can go for padawan too if you want."

He nodded, and held his saber. "Think I'll get my own saber soon?"

"You still got a lot to learn before you can go to your first gathering my little padawan." I teased and bopped his nose with my finger, though he was taller and older than me.

He chuckled. "Yes Master."

We approached the glittering silver castle. Eight lean, round towers piercing the sky are the first you'll see of this castle and are connected by fairly low, thin walls made of some sort of a shadow grey walls made from metal. It appeared majestic as it glimmered and sparkled in the sunshine of the lone sun the planet orbited. The forest outside of the castle gates and the landing platform we spotted is lit up with bioluminescent creatures, adding to the atmosphere of the castle. This castle has clearly stood the test of time and its inhabitants are intend on making sure it stays that way for ages to come. A small, but humble village stood in the shadow of the castle, as the early sun rose. Some houses had little fumes coming out of fireplaces or stone ovens, as businesses such as bakers began to begin their morning routine.

Anoles slowly set down the ship on the landing platform, and prepared to park it.

I saw a man with a short beard, and hair which was turning from a beeline honey blonde to a sunflower blonde, who wore a cloak weathered and worn but finely repaired, and a small smile on his face as crows feet appeared in the corners of his eyes as he walked onto the platform.

"Mira, is that... Mira!" Wen saw me bolt out of the room before he finished his sentence. I quickly lowered the platform and refused to even let it hit the ground before practically flying into the arms of my old master.

I hugged him tightly, shaking as tears filled my eyes in relief and joy. I buried my face in his shoulder, shaking ever so slightly, though I was taller than him.

"M-master...."

"Oh little Mi... Look how you've grown. And I told you to stay little!" He hugged back just as tightly, smiling with tears."I'm so glad you are alright my little padawan."

I sobbed in joy as he slowly slid us to the floor and held me close, rocking me.

Wen, Z, Gor, and Anoles stood on the platform, smiling softly at us.

Finally, I was able to calm down. "I'm glad you're alive Master."

"As am I. Now tell me. Who are your friends?" He smiled softly.

"Oh, sorry." I got up. "This is Anoles Ennala."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Aslan Monjarby. Mira spoke highly of you." Anoles smiled.

"That I can tell." Aslan chuckled and firmly shook her outstretched hand.

"This is Gor."

"Awwgggghhh." Gor hugged Aslan and nuzzled him, happy.

"Hello to you too." He chuckled. When Gor put him down, he pulled off the white hairs.

"This is Zart Kappo."

"You can call me Z." Zart smiled.

"Z for Zippy? Got it." Aslan winked to me and I tried to hold my laughter back.

"And this, is Wen."

"Ah! Wen! Long time no see you." Aslan hugged him.

"It's nice to see you too Gener... I mean, Aslan." He teased and hugged back.

Greenie screeched and rolled out with Khau chasing him. Khau froze and looked at the strange surroundings before shreiking again and climbing up Anoles arm to protect her.

"You have a Woskacurry I see." Aslan rubbed Khau's head with a finger, before giving him a fruit that I had never seen before. "Here you go little guy."

"He is our engine specialist. His name is Khau."

"Specialist. Wow." He chuckled.

"And this is Greenie."

Greenie beeped and whirled, his head spinning around.

"You seem like an interesting droid." Aslan chuckled.

He whirled and squeaked, his arm waving and shook Aslan's hand, as my former Master smiled.

"It is nice to see that you have excellent company." He stood back up and smiled at me. "But tell me, how did you survive? You were in the temple... Did anyone else survive?" He frowned sadly, as I could tell that the worry had etched into his forehead.

"Master Vulkri saved me. She raised me on Liynia. And a few that I am aware of did. My youngling class did."

"That's good news. I am glad you are alright."

"What about Jedi having attachments?" I teased.

"I say screw that rule, attachments make us stronger, because it gives us something to fight for."

I smiled, then frowned. "What about you though? I saw Bolt a few years ago, and he said you and Wivern barely survived..."

"Vecriea was lost, but we survived. At that time, that was all that mattered." He sighed sorrowfully.