*Chapter Twenty Five*

Abby

               The sun hit my eyes and I slowly blinked them open. I looked around and saw Kevin and Joe still sleeping, but no Nick. I quietly got up, pulled on one of his hoodies and stepped outside. I saw him sitting on the stairwell steps and headed over. I sat next to him quietly, linking my arm through his and holding it close to me. Neither one of us said anything for a while. Finally he took a deep breath and opened his mouth, pausing for a second.

"I was so scared I'd lost you." He said quietly, his voice catching in his throat. He didn't look at me. My heart ached for him. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He whispered, still not looking at me.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere for a long time." I said, kissing his hand.

"Promise?" He asked quietly.

"Cross my heart." I said, drawing an 'X' with my finger over my chest. He smiled and pulled me closer, kissing me.

"Good." Kevin came out of the room.

"There you two love birds are." He said, coming over.

"Way to ruin a moment." Nick said quietly. I laughed.

"Hi, Kevin." I said.

"Hey, Abs. Can I talk to your boyfriend for a few minutes?" He asked sweetly. I nodded, kissed Nick's hand and stood up. Kevin gave me a quick hug and I walked slowly towards my room. "Hey, you ok, buddy?" I heard Kevin ask. I felt Nick look at me.

"Much better." I heard him said and I smiled to myself. I opened my door and walked inside quietly. I began to get out stuff to take a shower.

"How's Nick?" Emma asked groggily.

"Better. Go back to sleep." I said gently. She rolled over and exhaled. I climbed in the shower quietly. I climbed out, got dressed and threw my hair up into a messy bun. I walked back into the main room and saw Nick lying on my bed. I smiled and jumped next to him.

"Hey, there, gorgeous." He said, smiling big.

"Hey, there, yourself." I returned. He smiled.

"My turn in the shower." Ashy yawned. I laughed. Emma was still sleeping peacefully. I faced Nick.

"What?" He asked.

"You sure you're ok?" I asked. I was worried about him.

"Positive." He said, leaning forward to kiss me. I leaned backwards, teasing him. There was a knock on the door, I lost my concentration and fell off the bed. Nick looked over the edge.

"You see-that's why you should always kiss me." He said, laughing. The person knocked again. I got up to answer the door. Joe was on the other side.

"Hey, Abs." He greeted.

"Hey, baby. Emma's still sleeping." I said.

"Not for long." He said with a sly smile.

"Joe, be nice." I said, stepping back to let him in.

"I always am." He headed over to the bed and gently laid next to her, careful not to disturb her. I went back to Nick, watching him. He whispered a few things in her ear and lightly kissed her.