*Chapter Eight*

Nick

            I am officially an idiot. She went into the bathroom and I hit myself in the head. I can't fall for my best friend-I just can't. I thought to myself. She came back in and the phone rang.

            "Hello?" She answered, her voice ringing sweetly in the silence. "Uh-huh. Hold on." She handed me the phone.

            "Hello?"

            "Nick, it's time to come home, honey." My mom said.

            "Ok-I'll be there soon." I hung up and looked at Abby. "Abby-" I started, but she held up her hand.

            "Don't worry about it. It's already forgotten." She said and I smiled.

            "I'm sorry." She nodded and I headed home. It was my turn to set the table for dinner and I didn't talk much through everything. While I was doing clean up my mom walked in.

            "Hi." She greeted.

            "Hi, mom." I said, knowing what was next.

            "You feeling ok?" She asked.

            "Yeah, just…confused." I mumbled.

            "About what?"

            "Abby and Brittany." I said. She looked at me sadly.

            "Talk to me." She said softly. That's the great thing about my mom-we can talk to her about anything.

            "I still like Brittany, a lot. But I think I'm starting to fall for Abby." I said miserably.

            "Abby's a great girl-I'm surprised you didn't years ago." She said smiling.

            "She's my best friend, Mom. I can't fall for my best friend-it's one of those guy rules that you girls don't know." I said and she laughed.

            "Sometimes, your best friend is the one you fall for." She said and I looked at her.

            "I just can't, Mom." I said.

            "Alright, Nicky. Do what you want. Maybe you're just confusing your feelings." She said.

            "Mom-it's Nick. Maybe I am. I hope so. Otherwise that'd mess up everything."

            "I've always called you Nicky." She said, confused.

            "Yeah, but Mom, Abby-" I started but stopped as soon as I realized what I was about to say.

            "Ah-I see." She said. "Alright." She kissed my head. "Good luck, baby." I smiled and she left me to finish clean up.

            Finally it was Thursday and time to leave. Kevin went to pick up Abby and her luggage. Jessi got dropped off before they got back, Ashley and Emma got dropped off together and Brittany, Vicki and Connie got dropped off last.

            Abby was talking to Emma and Ashley. Kevin was talking to Joe and Brittany was talking to her clones-I mean, Vicki and Connie. Suddenly I felt very alone in my own house. I headed upstairs to do one last check over.

            Soon we left. I rode in my mom's car with my dad, mom, Brittany, Vicki, Connie, Frankie and the luggage. Kevin drove his convertible with Joe, Emma, Ashley, Abby and Jessi.