*Chapter Nineteen*

Nick

            I saw Abby leave the dining hall in tears and I felt like the lowest thing on the face of the planet. I realized then that I wasn’t me anymore. I was quickly losing who I was and I didn’t know what to do to stop it. Kevin and I walked around the ship, talking.

            “Nick-I’m sorry and you know that Joe and I support you at what ever but we feel that Brittany needs to go.” He said quietly. I looked at him.

            “You and Joe both feel this way?” I asked doubtfully.

            “And Ashley and Emma.” He added.

            “What about Abby?” He hesitated.

            “She thinks she doesn’t have a right to say what you should do.” He said.

            “I’ve told her she does.” I said, frustrated.

            “Yeah, but, Nick-when ever you two hang out who shows up and drags you away from her?” He asked gently.

            “Brittany.” I sighed.

            “And when you make plans with Brittany-who else always shows up?”

            “Connie and Vicki.” I sighed again.

            “Have you ever been alone with the girl?” He asked. I didn’t answer. The truth was he was right-I was never alone with my own girlfriend. I’m not sure I’d have anything to say if we were-she’s always gossiping and I don’t do that. “Nick?”

            “I just don’t know what to do.” He patted me on the back.

            “You’ll figure it out.” He said. I spotted the smaller dining room and had an idea.

            “Kev-I’ll see you later.” I said, heading towards the doorman. To eat in this room you need a reservation.

            “Can I help you?” He asked.

            “I’d like to make a reservation for lunch, this afternoon around two.” I said and he nodded.

            “And how many people?” He asked, marking it down.

            “Hopefully two.”

            “And the name?”

            “Jonas.” He nodded. I thanked him and went to find Brittany. I knocked on her door and she opened it.

            "Hi, baby." She greeted, smiling.

            "I made lunch reservations for just me and you-no one else, ok?" I said, making sure she knew I didn't want her friends there. "Around two and it's under Jonas." She nodded.

            "I'll see you then." She said, kissing my cheek and shutting her door. I've decided that this was her last chance to prove herself and if she showed up with her friends-that was it-I quit.

            I went back to my room to freshen up and then I headed up to the upper decks to hang out in the sun. I saw Abby with Ashley but I walked past them-I wasn't ready to talk to Abby just yet. Ashley saw me and nudged Abby. Abby looked up and me and her face got all nervous and she looked back down, fidgitting with her fingers-something's wrong. I sighed and went to sit down.

            "Abby-you have to." I heard Ashley say.

            "I-I-I can't." Abby stuttered, her voice cracking.

            "You have to, he has a right to know." Ash said firmly. I saw them come up the stairs, Ash dragging Abby who looked like she was going to be sick.

            "Hi, Nick." Ashley said sweetly. I nodded once. She elbowed Abby.

            "Nick, I-" Abby started, her voice cutting out and all she could do was open and close her mouth, no sounds were coming out.

            "Forget it." I said coldly, getting up to walk away.

            "Brittany's cheating on you!" She blurted out. I stopped walking.

            "What?"

            "She is. I'm so sorry, Nicky." She said, tears sliding down her cheeks.

            "Nick." I corrected. She looked at me. "You really don't like her? So much that you have to make up lies abut her?" I snapped.

            "Nick-I-"

            "No-just stay out of it." I said and she bit her lip.

            "Just remember-you said it." She whispered before walking away. Ashley stared at me coldly before following Abby. I dropped into my chair and cradled my head in my hands. What did I just do? I groaned and ran down to my room to talk to Kevin.