*Chapter Nine*

Abby

            The day of the cruise we got to the port, had all of our luggage checked in and we all filled out the appropriate papers.

            We boarded, got our cash cards and were showed our rooms. The boys had one down the hall, Emma, Jessi, Ashley and I had one and Brittany and her clones had their own across the hall. We got settled in and had to go to the top deck for the safety instructions. After that we were free to do what we wanted.

            Emma, Ash and I changed into swim suits and went onto the top deck to lay in the sunshine. Brittany, of course, was dragging Nick along to do absolutely nothing while she talked to Vicki and Connie.

            I closed my eyes and listened to Emma and Ashley talk. After a few minutes I felt someone standing over me. I opened my eyes and saw Brittany. Just Brittany; I looked around and saw Vicki and Connie standing by the stairs leading to the lower decks.

            "Can I help you?" I asked as Ashley and Emma looked at us.

            "You can move." She said rudely.

            "No-I can't." I said back. I was too comfortable.

            "We want to lie down." She said as if I wasn't getting it.

            "There are chairs over there. Have fun." I said, waving lazily in a general direction.

            "We want these chairs." She said and I could tell she was starting lose her patience.

            "Why? Just because I'm sitting here?"

            "Yeah." She said bluntly. I stared at her. I was about to say something but Emma and Ashley stood up.

            "Abby-we're getting hungry-come eat with us." She said firmly. I sighed.

            "Whatever." I stood up and we walked to the cafeteria. We saw Kevin sitting by himself texting on his cell phone. We walked over and he looked up. "Hey, stranger-mind if we join you?" I asked and he chuckled.

            "Sure." He motioned to the other chairs. We sat down and he smiled.

            "So-you guys having fun yet?" He asked, his gaze lingering on Ashley before he turned to me. They glanced at me and I scoffed.

            "Oh yeah-a blast." I said sarcastically.

            "What happened?" He asked worriedly.

            "Brittany decided she wanted to kick us out of our chairs on the upper deck because 'they wanted to sit there'." I muttered.

            "Aren't there other chairs?" He asked.

            "Yeah." Emma said angrily.

            "So why didn't she just sit there?" He asked, still confused.

            "Because she's evil and just wanted a reason to make us leave." I said, trying not to sound bitter.

            "Aww-well now you get to chill with me." He said brightly and I smiled.

            "True dat." Emma laughed. The waiter came over and asked what we wanted.  We ordered as another waiter brought over Kevin's. They left and Kevin made no attempt to start eating.