one | new boy

O N E

You panted and peddled through the bustling streets of Yokohama, passing through cool, breezy alleyways and riding on the wet morning dew that scraped lightly against your ankles. You were on your way to your part time summer job as a waitress at a family restaurant. Your mind was wandering aimlessly, completely blank. You glanced at your watch and clicked your tongue.

'Shit, at this rate, I'm going to be late for work! Better peddle faster...' you thought as you began picking up your speed.

Turning left on the 4th block on the street- it all happened like slow motion. A young boy with orange hair was walking in front of you and you immediately pushed down your brakes but you remembered that it broke a long time ago so you were unable to stop the driving force of your bike. And before you knew it, you were screaming at the boy to move. He spun around, quite alarmed by the sudden warning but it was too late.

CRASH

"Ah, fuck... That hurt..." you rubbed the back of your head, feeling your head jarring with pain.

There was a loud cough underneath you as you felt yourself jump up a little. Surprised, you looked down beneath you to see that young boy being a rug by you.

"G-God... Watch where you're going will you?! Fricken reckless bike rider. Now get off of me, I can't breathe." he said rudely.

You gasped as your nose scrunched up at the same time into a nasty glare. You stuck your tongue at him, getting off as he pleased, and hopped on your bike.

"And you don't even say sorry? Such an ignorant girl." he sat up as he dusted the dirt on his arms.

You groaned in annoyance and shot a glare at him. "I don't have time for you, I'm late for work! See ya!!" was all you said as you peddled away from the boy, leaving him on the ground with an agitated mood.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

"Sorry, boss!" you entered in the restaurant, bowing slightly, heading your way to the employee lounge room. "Ran into a little accident this morning."

"Ah, (F/N) chan! Glad you're here!" the boss was sitting on the couch reading a fashion magazine, already dressed in her waitress attire. You quickly changed into your work clothes as everyone else began to rush in a hurry.

"Everyone seems to be late today..." you muttered, watching your other co-workers enter through the automatic double glass door until someone immediately caught your eye.

You pointed at the boy as you gaped. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE."

The boy just blinked in surprise, but it quickly faded away into a spiteful look. "Dammit, she's here too..."

"(F/N) chan! I see you met our new worker who will be joining us today as his part time job!" your boss suddenly came up behind you and put her arm around your shoulders.

"EHHH?!?!?!?!" you screeched, still pointing at the boy.

"For the love of everything, stop yelling." he stated with boredom in his eyes.

"Since it's his first time working here, I suggest that you should help him and demonstrate how things work in this place." the boss gave you a pat on the back.

You spun around to gape at your boss. "W-Wait, what??"

"You already seem to know Nakahara Chuuya kun. You should train him as a waitress and plus-" she leaned closer into your ear and whispered, "I'll give you a raise~" A jolt ran up your body as you nod ecstatically in response.