three | a new rival in town

I hope you like my story so far! It's going very slow, so I apologize for that ;-;
OC in this chapter by the way~
Enjoy :)

T H R E E

"Alright, class! Settle down please." the teacher ordered as she began writing words on the black board. The word read out, 'class projects'. And upon reading that, everyone threw a fit in just seconds.

"What?! A project?!" one student exasperated.

"Boo! Projects sucks!!"

"But it's already been few weeks since school started!!" one complained.

"Everyone will you just calm down?! This project is mandatory for school in order to get good grades! Now, I have the list here on who you will be partners with." the teacher neatly stacked the papers until another explosion of complaints from the students erupted.

"And we don't get to pick out partners?!"

"What is the meaning of this?! If we're going to do projects, might as well make us choose our partners!!"

The teacher's veins popped as she slammed the table, making everyone's lips sealed instantly. "Now, let me begin. I will pass out the papers with you and your partner's name on it. The paper should also contain what you should be doing your project on." she began calling out two people's name as they come walking up to her desk and receiving a paper from her. You couldn't help but to feel anxious as you cast a couple of glances at Chuuya and he also did the same too.

'I don't care who it is, as long as it's not with you!' the two of you both thought.

"Nakahara Chuuya san!" the teacher called out.

"Yes!" he stood up from his chair as he began walking towards the teacher.

"And your partner is (L/N) (F/N) san!"

Your eyebrows twitched in annoyance, giving off an seething vibe. 'You have got to be kidding me.' you put your head down onto the table and groaned.

Chuuya just remained as calm as he could, even though on the inside he was banging his forehead against the wall. He grabbed two papers for the both of you as he handed the paper to you. You snatched it and grumbled a 'thanks'.

"Can't believe the teacher let us be partners... This is a curse. A curse to be with you again." you grumbled.

"The more you complain, the less time we'll get to finish the project." Chuuya sighed.

"....."

"Oi. Wake up. We're going to the library." Chuuya shook your shoulders, but you were stubborn and stayed still. Chuuya sighed loudly.

"I'll get you some icecream on the way home from our shift." his voice gave off a tone that he gave up.

You stood up instantly. "Alright! Library it is." you declared and grabbed his hand, walking out the door and to the library.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅  

The library was certainly huge, considering libraries in Japan are hella small. You placed your paper on a small random round table as the two of you began reading the paper.

"The report on Tokugawa period? Huh, not bad." Chuuya muttered.

"That's the Edo period. Let's just get to work." you stretched your arms out as you and Chuuya split ways in the library to look for some books. You walked down the aisle of books- thin to thick as you let your fingers feel the spine of the books as you walked down.