six | separated and lost

S I X

It was almost Halloween and the school got into the Halloween spirit by opening a Halloween festival. You and Dazai walked around the school grounds, looking at booths which were decorated by Halloween props. The students were working very hard to advertise if they could try out their booths and such, so you and Dazai visited most of them. You were happy, you couldn't care less where you were going, as long as you were with him. 

You noticed a very large booth not very far and it was actually a haunted house. Next to the haunted house, there was a very big sign that read, 'Looking for couples to participate!'. When you were about to drag Dazai to the opposite direction from the haunted house, one of the student suddenly came up to you with eager.

"Would you like to participate in our spectacular haunted house?! We're looking for couples to participate and you two seem like a perfect one!" The girl talked in a really fast paced voice. 

You're cheeks burned up in an instant. "I-I don't think we can-"

"Sure, why not? Sounds fun!" Dazai suddenly took your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. You looked up at him flustered as he gave you a wink.

"Alright, that's the spirit! Here, put this on and enjoy!!" The girl gave the two of you glow stick necklace as she pushed you and Dazai into the dark spooky haunted house. The darkness engulfed you as your heart started to pound and feeling some kind of moisture crawling up your palms. You gulped. You always had a fear of the dark and ghosts and where are you at right now?

"Scary haunted houses! Sounds cool, doesn't it?" Dazai cheered as he looked down at you and let go of your hand. You could somewhat see his face in the darkness, but thank god he couldn't see the fear in your eyes. This was a perfect chance of the two of you being alone and you were not going to mess it up.

"Y-Yeah!!" You gave a half enthusiastic cheer as you and Dazai started walking down the pitch black darkness. They were occasional jump scares like a ghost jumping in front of you or a zombie holding a very realistic but fake chainsaw as it chased down the two of you. Dazai was having a blast, laughing on how funny this whole thing was to him.

"RUN! GO OUTSIDE!! ESCAPE THIS PLACE!!" There was a sudden flock of screaming and yelling from behind as Dazai spun around to see couples holding their hands tightly together, running towards the exit.

"W-What's going on?" He called.

"One of the main fog machine broke and it's outta control! It'll be dangerous if you stay here any longer!" Someone said as they ran past Dazai and out the exit. Dazai instantly thought of you. You. He spun around to see no sight of your presence. Where were you? He was sure that you were right beside him the whole time. But wait, you never said a word during the whole haunted house ride!

'Don't tell me she's scared of the ghost and the dark!' Dazai cursed himself.

"(F/N) chan!!" Dazai turned back around the exit and walked further until he was pulled in by one of the teachers.

"Don't go in there, it's dangerous! The fog machine is malfunctioning and it could explode!"

"B-But, (F/N) chan is in there! She's lost somewhere! I've got to find her!" Dazai pulled and pulled but another group of male teachers rushed in and pulled him back outside, leaving you stuck alone inside.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Unfortunately, Chuuya was unable to enjoy the Halloween event. He was in charge of a yakisoba booth he'd promise someone else to because the other person got sick. But on the bright side, he got a lot of money for doing this. A fair amount of people came in and ate some yakisobas, one of them was you and Dazai. Despite what happened to the two of you, he put on his usual smile and acted like nothing happened. You seemed to buy it. He'd kept a close eye on you just in case if anything happens. But he realized that the place was getting crowded with a lot of murmur arousing.

"Did you hear? The haunted house's fog machine got out of control and it's destroying the place in there!"

"Yeah! Now I heard that the lights are in trouble too! There's literally sparks flying everywhere!" A group of girls conversated as Chuuya eavesdropped on what in the world was going on. Hold on. The haunted house. You. And Dazai. YOU.

"Sorry man, but I've gotta run!" Chuuya quickly announced to a man in the booth next to him as he quickly took off his apron and sprinted towards the haunted house. 

What he saw there was a large crowd of people standing in front of the haunted house, with worried look on their faces. The house seemed to get a tiny bit of smoke out of it, indicating that there's a possible fire inside. He glanced around the tall heads of people until he caught on a familiar sight of the back of his friend's head.

"Oi, Dazai! What's going on?! Where's (F/N)?" He turned Dazai around and saw that his face was pale as a paper. This startled Chuuya greatly. Where were you?

"Dazai!! What happened, what's wrong?!" He shook him violently, demanding an answer.

"Where's (F/N)?!"

He remained still, unspoken.

"Answer me, dammit!!"

"(F-F/N) chan... Got separated with me..." Dazai started to choke on his words, trying his best not to break down. "I-I'm so sorry, Chuuya..."

Chuuya's eyes widened as his rush of adrenaline took over him. He gritted his teeth, bangs covering his eyes. The crowd still kept talking and talking, not even noticing on what was going on between them right now. 

SLAP

The murmur of the crowd immediately died as all of their eyes laid on Dazai and Chuuya. Chuuya's hand went right across Dazai's face, making a huge red mark on it.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE SORRY?! SHE'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!!" Chuuya boomed, seething with anger.

"Chuuya, I'm-"

"YOU DIDN'T TAKE A SECOND THOUGHT ABOUT HER AND ASK HER IF SHE WAS OK GOING IN?! SHE'S HELLA SCARED OF THE DARK AND GHOSTS, YOU MORON!!" Chuuya screamed from the depths of his stomach and continued to censure him.

"I know... It's all my fault. I forced her to go with me." Dazai whispered.

"No. Forget it. I'm going." his voice was razor sharp and deadly as he turned in his heels and made a run for the entrance. Dazai reached out and tried to grab his wrist, but he was too fast and missed.

"Chuuya! You can't go in there, it's dangerous!!!" Dazai screamed, trying to go in as well, but he was pushed back by the teachers.

"Dammit, someone went in?!" The teachers cursed.

"All we have to do is wait for the firefighters! Everyone else stay calm!!" Another teacher yelled as they pushed back the crowd away from the haunted house.

  ☆ 

Well that took a sudden turn of events real fast...

Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger :)