eight | my hero

E I G H T

After the doctors came in and checked up on you, they told you that you were in good condition but they wanted you to stay in the hospital just a few more days before they release you. You asked them if you could see Chuuya, but they looked at you with disapproval.

"I'm afraid Nakahara san is still asleep, (L/N) san. We don't know when he's going to wake up from this dire situation." the doctor answered.

"But will he wake up?! Will he still be alive?" you asked desperately, digging your nails into the mattress.

"We don't know yet, 'mam. All you need to do for him to wake up is pray for him. All the doctors and nurses here are waiting for his awakening." the doctor gave you a soft smile as he walked out the door, leaving you alone again. You looked out the window, tirelessly. You eyes were lifeless, you felt numb and cold...

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Just like the doctors promised, they finally released you out of the hospital and Dazai was waiting for you with open arms. You ran up to him and jumped into his arms with glee. You were alone the entire time in the hospital because mid terms was coming up so Dazai couldn't come often to greet you. So you did miss him.

On the walk to your house, Dazai asked how Chuuya was doing. You told him the exact same thing the doctors told you. Dazai had a pained look on his face when he heard that his friend was still in a coma. He was alone too, at school. None of the girls talked to him- they decided that it was best to leave him alone because of what happened. You weren't there and his best friend wasn't there. The more the kept thinking about you, the pain in his heart grew bigger and bigger.

But now, you're back. You let Dazai into your house as the two of you just chit chatted away and he was able to make you smile and laugh again.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

While waiting for Chuuya to wake up, you continued on with your daily life, going to school, meeting up with Dazai after, and then going on dates with him. You kept your grades up too, so you won't fail the mid term test. You're life seemed to slowly drift back to normal, but the only thing that was different was when you went to work. The boss and everyone there knew what happened and understood the situation. You were lonely without his smile near you.

The next day, you went to school like always. You were pretty much left by yourself because Dazai seemed to get himself sick for a couple of days. When the end of the day rolled by and you were walking towards your house, you received a call from someone.

You picked up your phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this (L/N) (F/N)?" it was a lady's voice and it sounded familiar to you.

"Yes."

The lady sighed in relief. "Oh, thank goodness. I need you to come to the hospital right away. Your friend Chuuya san woke up and suddenly demanded to see you!"

You felt your whole world freeze in an instant as the phone slipped out of your hands and dropped to the floor. Chuuya's awake. He's... Alive.

"I'll be right there! Please hold on!!" you picked up the phone, shouting into it as you pressed the end button. You turned your heels around and dashed the other way with the cold autumn air attacking your skin as you ran.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

You panted, you sweated, your lungs burned as you sprinted in the hallway, looking for his room number. 'Chuuya! Chuuya!' You thought anxiously and before you knew it, you slammed open the door, walking in slowly. Breathing in and out. The room was so quiet, you could hear your heart thumping loudly like a drum. As you walked further in the room, you started to see the pieces of his face. 

THUMP

You dropped your bags to the floor, bringing your hands up to your mouth. You could feel tears pouring out of your eyes, like an endless river. Is what they called tears of joy?

Chuuya was sitting up from his hospital bed as you could see some bandages on his face and a few shots on his arm, connecting to the other medical instruments. His gaze fell upon you as his eyes wide in shock.

"(F-F/N)??"

You blinked your tears, letting out a cry as you ran up to him and hugged him tightly. You sobbed into his chest, clutching onto his mint hospital gown.

"You idiot... You idiot, you idiot, you idiot!!" You shouted, repeating those words like a broken record machine. Chuuya smiled to himself as he petted your hair.

"I know... You told me..." He whispered, bringing you closer.

You looked up at him through your tears. You were crying so much that you couldn't see his face clearly. "Why... Why did you save me?! You could of died!"

Chuuya gritted his teeth, feeling his emotions change rapidly. "You could of died, (F/N)! You're telling me to wait outside for you for- god how long the rescuers are going to arrive and help you?! My ass! I would rather risk my life to save yours!" He gripped onto your arm tightly as you winced in pain.

His eyes widened a little as he immediately let go of your arm, thinking what he said was too much. "S-Sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you..."

".... Thank you." 

"Huh?"

"Thank you, Nakahara Chuuya kun. Thank you so much, you're my hero." You grinned weakly through your tears. He could tell you were still not okay. He reached to your eyes and wiped the tears off with his thumb.

"Don't cry. I didn't wake up to see you cry. I woke up to see you smile, so.." He also smiled back.

"Smile."

You stifled a laugh and gave in to show you your sweet smile.

"You idiot..."

I apologize for all the time skips I had in this chapter ;-;

Don't forget, free tissues are always available here!