nine | goodbye

I've got a special announcement for you all today! 

This lovely writer sxarletfate,  is currently writing a Chuuya x Reader fanfic called 'Rhythm of Love' and she would love it if you all would read her story! I'm looking forward to your fanfic dear ^.^

So please, go check out her story!!

And this is going to be a filler chapter, so it's going to be really short and it has a lot of time skips, so I apologize for that ;-;

N I N E

After your visit with Chuuya, Dazai came in the next day even if he was sick. He was glad to see his friend awake from his slumber. The doctors told you two that he was still needed for some little testing so they suggested that he should still stay in the hospital for a few weeks. You and Dazai respectfully understood their decision. So while he was staying overnights in hospitals, you and Dazai would visit him and help him study for mid terms. In class, you were hectic on writing notes for him.

Chuuya petted your head gently. "Thanks, (F/N). You're a great help."

You smiled at his action. "You better pay be back though! This isn't free!" you joked.

"Alright, alright..."

Dazai was smiling at the two of you's little doings, seeing how cute you were when you were smiling with Chuuya...

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Mid-terms finally rolled around with you acing the test along with Chuuya and Dazai. And then the week of Christmas finally came with its chilly atmosphere and the soft, delicate snow flakes touching your hair. You were in front of Chuuya's house because he suddenly called you, saying that he needed to talk to you for a second.

"What is it that you need me for to take 3 trains and walk 5 blocks for? Couldn't you talk through the phone?" you said, quite angry at him. You two lived pretty far from each other and you didn't have proper winter clothes yet so you were basically freezing your butt off.

"No. I needed to talk to you about this in person." he replied boldly. The serious tone in his voice made you think that he wasn't playing.

"What is it then?"

Chuuya looked up at you with melancholy. "I have to leave and go to France for my parent's business trip."

Your eyes widened in shock, unable to speak. France? He's going to France? Is he leaving you?

"But don't worry. I have to leave tomorrow afternoon but I'll be back by Christmas."

You sighed in relief. "God dammit, Chuuya. Did you have to make it sound like you're leaving forever?" you grumbled.

He chuckled. "What, you were going to miss me?"

You blushed a bit, trying to hide your face. "Of course, dumbass..."

Chuuya was bit shocked that you were going to actually miss him. But now that he thought about it, all these months you two spent together brought you two closer. "Anyways, since I'm leaving tomorrow, I told Dazai the airport address so you better see me off." he smiled.

"Ok then. I will." you agreed. "But you have to get me a souvenir from France then."

Chuuya raised his eyebrows. "Hah? Like what?"

You eyes sparkled as you clasped your hands with excitement. "I've always wanted to try delicious macaroons but they're always so expensive!"

"I see what I can do. But that means you better get me some good presents!"

"Of course." you pursed your lips into a bright smile.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

The next day during the afternoon, Dazai picked you up from your house and drove you to the airport, where Chuuya promised where the three of you would meet up. The airport was bustling with people and this time, Dazai made sure to hold your hand tightly so he wouldn't lose you. You finally saw Chuuya in the terminal going through the security machines. You shouted his name as he turned around to see you and Dazai waving happily at them.

He rushed over to the belt where it separated the two of you. "Hey guys. Thanks for coming."

"No problem. You better have fun at France! It sounds like one hell of a fancy place!" Dazai said.

"Is there anyway we can get past here?" you poked the belt. Chuuya looked around for a manager until he found a police officer.

"Excuse me, sir? Would you mind if they can get through here?" Chuuya asked.

The police officer looked at you and Dazai with a little suspicion, but smiled afterwards. "Alright since it's almost Christmas and you kids don't seem like you would commit a crime, will ya?" the officer bellowed with laughter all by himself as you and Chuuya exchanged awkward glances. The officer unbuckled the belt, leaving you free to go in- although you weren't allowed. It was only for saying goodbyes.

"Well, although I'm really jealous of you going to France... Have fun Chuuya." Dazai grinned as he fist bumped his friend.

"I'll have a fun time, you bet I will!" he smiled back. And now it was you. He gave you a soft smile as he patted your head.

"See you in a few days, half pint." he stepped forward to give you a tight hug that lingered for awhile that you thought it would. You blinked in surprise.

"Um, Chuuya... You can let go now."

".... Sorry." he pulled away reluctantly, giving you one last ruffle in your hair with a half hearted smile. "Bye, half pint." he said as he turned around and departed, without giving you once last look.

'The more I look at her, the more it hurts...'