~Chapter 12~

You limped to the room and smiled smally, acting as though what just happened hadn't happened at all. Rey and Dash both moved, allowing you to sit between them. You nodded and sat, crutch disappearing to reduce clutter. Sans trailed in after you, taking up a spot leaning against the wall like any edgy punkster would.

Toriel looked between you and Sans in an odd mixture of concern and expectation. "You two sure took your time..." She said, as if accusing you of some dastardly crime.

"Sorry Toriel. Consider it payback for teasing me." You snarked.

She rolled her eyes but relaxed. Everyone seemed to relax actually. You sat with your posture slouching into the couch, waiting for someone to break the ice. Eventually, Frisk cleared his throat and you all looked at him. He pointed at Toriel and she groaned. "Okay, fine. I'll start us off." She muttered.

Standing up, she looked over you guys. "Hello everyone. I called this meeting for one reason, and one reason only. We need to discuss what the plan is with our human guests."

You snorted. "You make it sound like you don't love us." You teased.

She snarled and you out your hands up in defense. Toriel rolled her eyes and continued, focusing more on Papyrus and Sans than the actual humans in question. "It's time we discuss the best course of action."

Papyrus grunted and took center, a proposition already prepared. "I suggest we house the humans here in the Underground. They are more valuable alive than corpses, but we can't have them wandering aimlessly."

"You mean like, put us on house arrest? In the Underground? Ha! Two words: Hell. No." Rey said. "Restricting us to a single household or even two households makes us more like housepets than people. And I for one do not do well cooped up."

"Staying Underground isn't even an option anyway." Dash added. "We have to return to the surface. There are people waiting for us."

Toriel sent a nasty look towards you, Rey and Dash. "You three and so stupid! We're trying to protect you!"

"We're not stupid, we're courageous. Brave. Fearless. All those fancy words for 'we know the difference between protection and captivity and will take the measures to get what we need.' It's not negotiable, we're have to escape." You chirped.

The three monsters seemed annoyed by your stubborn attitudes but didn't argue the point of hiding you away. "Okay, what do you suppose we do Pet?" Sans sneered in a sour tone.

You raised a brow with a total 'bitch say what?!' face.
"Three things Sans:
Use my name. (Y/N). This 'Pet' shit won't slide with me.
Your attitude just swung so fast, I got whiplash. Calm your skele~tits.
Lastly, we can escape. I know we can. All we have to do is break the barrier and go through. If I'm not mistaken, it'll free you guy too. Win win."

He laughed. "You're lucky you're pretty, 'cus you're not too smart."

"Excuse me but WHAT DA FAQ YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!"

You tried to launch at him, but the combination of distance, Rey and Dash holding your arms, and currently useless legs didn't really allow you to. He shrugged and smirked, knowing he was out of your range. "I'm just saying, you're talking a big game about breaking the barrier and shit and you don't even know the first thing about breaking it. You should probably know that to break the barrier, you need another human soul."

"Yeah okay, I have a soul. Problem solved." You said sarcastically.

He snorted. "You don't get it. You don't get the souls back once they're used. It's a one way ticket kid. You think you're the first humans to fall down here? Ha! All the others are-"