~Chapter 13~

You shot up shakily, hands burying their burning tips into the bed of frost. Your entire body was rocked by a shudder not even the snow could counter. Curling into a ball, you sat with your back to a tree, collecting your wits.

Where did that memory come from? What is my head telling me?!

You stoked shakily, swaying heavily as you took each step. Following the marked timbers, you soon navigated your way out of the woods, finding your past footsteps to be gone already. You however didn't turn to return to Toriel's home. With a mind still full of swimming thoughts, you turned away from the safe place and headed straight for Snowdin.

Having been there before, it was easy to get there this time. The village lights soon sat before you as you entered the village. You immediately made a beeline for the only place you could get a drunk that was required to be digestible, at least you hoped. You glanced up at the bright word 'Grillby's' as you entered. Behind the counter was a familiar, purple flamed monster. Other monsters snarled at you as you passed but you paid them no mind. You didn't even spare a glance at their expense.

You seated yourself at the bar and waited for the elemental to take notice and approach. It didn't take long, but it wasn't the attention you wanted. While you sat examining your hands, trying to sort what that memory meant, a firm grip yanked your collar and twisted. With the fabric trapped tightly around your neck, your head was snapped to attention as Grillby grabbed you.

"You've sure got some balls coming back here after what you did." He hissed. His almost invisible eyes scanned you and he scoffed. "What, is the little pet getting ignored by her skeleton? Did she get hun-"

"Keep talking and I'll personally see to it that you are extinguished . Understood? I just came in here to clear my head and defrost." You said snappily.

His mouth closed as he looked at you with brows furrowed. "Well you can't stay here if you ain't gonna get anything so-"

"Water then. No ice." You said shortly. When he didn't move, you raised your gaze and raised a brow. "Anytime this week FlameBrain."

It seemed to break him from his state as he turned away sharply. You returned to your state and buried your head in your arms. As you waited, sorting through your to do list you just recently made, you remembered something you had promised Frisk.

When the glass of clear liquid was put in front of you, you reached out a hand and grabbed the elemental, despite how the heat singed your hand. Looking at him, you almost felt scared seeing his scary expression.

"Sorry for shooting you the other day." You apologized. "I was having a shitty day."

He froze like apologizing was the equivalent of speaking alien languages in the Underground. Grunting, he turned and waved his hand. "Yeah whatever. Just finish your drink and leave." He said, seeming to be confused by your words in a good way.

Apparently he could still run the restaurant so maybe he was an easy sell on the apology. Hopefully.

You sipped the water and closed your eyes, resting your chin on the bar. With brows furrowed, you created theories and discarded them at lightening speed.

Maybe I just hit my head too hard when I fell...
No. The dream was too real to be fake.

Maybe I have some great destiny here?
Oh god no. I've never really been good at much. If the Underground depended on me they'd be fucked on a level unheard of.